Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 10:15 PM

Default 33 on the button--Stars 30/60

Just looking for any thoughts or opinions on this play. Please feel free to critique every street and decision.

Juicy early morning 6 handed game, really loose and aggressive, so volatile, but very very beatable. I have good feel for 4 of the opponents and no opinion on the other 1 who has just joined the game.

MP raises (the no opinion player) I call on the button knowing that both blinds will defend, because they have virtually every single hand.

4 of us take the flop of K 4 2 rainbow. It is checked to me. I check.

Turn is offsuit 3. SB bets is called in both spots. I raise. SB calls, pre flop raiser calls. 3 of us see the turn.

River is a J. SB checks, pre flop raiser bets, I raise, SB folds. I get 3 bet and just call.

He shows me A 5 for the wheel. I say nh.

Please feel free to bash my play and I will discuss my line of thinking on each street.

cheers. J.Brown
Old 03-08-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: 33 on the button--Stars 30/60

general rule says you need more people to cold call with a small pocket. Anyway you're getting 3 to 1 if neither blind has a hand worth raising, so you need to make 5 bb post flop for it be worth it. I think that might be the most likely outcome if you hit, but you're still going to lose to flush/straight sometimes, and are going to get reraised preflop sometimes. I fold prelop, everything else is fine.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: 33 on the button--Stars 30/60

fold preflop. i like betting this flop. good chance youre ahead. you have a backdoor wheel draw also, but checking is more than fine if you are comfortable calling someone down after a blank hits the turn. i dont like the "no set no bet" line on such a good flop for you. you didnt get enough implied odds preflop to justify playing this hand for set value only, so if youre going to play this hand profitably you have to be willing to proceed on flops that are this good for you.