Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:20 PM

Default AQs, 4-way action

I've been lurking for a while, fellas. Here's my first post.

This is a 10-handed 2/5 live game. I'm UTG with a $300 stack. The table must either think I'm a serious LAG or have been running hot, as I've been raising a lot preflop and have won three pots in the last orbit with no showdown after the flop or the turn.

READS

MP1 is very weak/tight. $200 stack. I won a fair amount off him the day before, and I'd say he's generally playing scared against he.

MP2 is tight also but pretty damn smart. He's capable of making big folds. He doesn't bluff often and never bluffs big. He has $500. I've bluffed him off a hand recently, which pissed him off and is on his mind. He's wondering whether I'm running hot or raising light or what.

SB is super aggressive LAG. He's clearly a better player than I am when he's at the top of his game, but he just busted out of a tournament and seems like he might be on tilt. Or maybe he's just pretending to tilt. He just lost an extra $100 to MP2 when he missed his flush draw but tried to represent a straight on the river. He's got $200.

ACTION

So I'm UTG. I look down and see..

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I make it twenty. MP1 and MP2 call. SB makes it $60. I consider pushing but realize M1 or MP2 could easily have AK, so I just call. MP1 and MP2 call. Four players see ...

T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

There's $240 in the pot. The SB checks to me. What should I do?

RESULTS IN WHITE BELOW

<font color="white"> I push. MP1 folds. MP2 folds. SB calls with TT and busts me. </font>
Old 11-04-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: AQs, 4-way action

Huh?

No matter what your reads are or what other players think of you, you have got to believe that your AQ is probably not good in a 4-way pot. Thats a bad push, IMO.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:34 PM

Yeah. This morning I've been thinking that $100 would have been just as likely as the full $240 to fold 22-99, AJ and maybe AK. My big mistake was seeing this flop as a low rag flop and not respecting the T.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a bad push

[/ QUOTE ]

I *never* make this push 4-handed. Heads up, make a 3/4 pot bet maybe, but 4-handed odds of AQo not getting called aren't too pretty.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:10 PM

when SB makes it 60 now is your time to fold (or push if he has a tendency to do this with total crap).
Old 11-04-2005, 02:16 PM

When you whiff on this flop with that preflop action, you should be done with this hand.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:46 PM

I think the only way you can lose money faster than pushing in on that flop is heading to the bathroom and flushing it directly down the toilet.

And I agree with the person that said you should have folded PF to the reraise. AQ, suited or not, stands up horribly to that sort of action. Frankly, I don't raise with it UTG to start with, but to each their own there.

- C -
Old 11-04-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only way you can lose money faster than pushing in on that flop is heading to the bathroom and flushing it directly down the toilet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a 10-handed 2/5 live game. I'm UTG with a $300 stack. The table must either think I'm a serious LAG or have been running hot, as I've been raising a lot preflop and have won three pots in the last orbit with no showdown after the flop or the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

so shouldn't you have more like $600 if not more in front of you? What's the max buy-in there? Oh and your push is the worst thing I've ever seen.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:59 PM

Wrong Forum