Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Handreading (from 2+2 table).

OMG - I can't believe bottomset was so aggressive the last 2 streets w/ crap like 87o and a 4 flush on board...

Who's your buddy! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2005, 11:48 PM

man i told you these games are 100% aggro, great enterntainment
Old 04-17-2005, 01:18 AM

i was going to guess he had bottom set, not sure why. it just seems right.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:20 AM

time to chime in .. I was playing a little overthe top preflop at 24/19 but a lot of those raises were positional, and most were fairly safe .. the players behind me were giving their blinds up routinely I went 6/6 on blind steals from CO,Button .. I'm posting a blind defense hand after i finish posting this, that I thought was interesting

anyway for this hand, I announce 2hands ago, that last hand was my last, I openraised with 83s and took the pot from MP1, or UTQ+2(1) so decided to play one more .. the open raise was terrible yeah I know, but hey its more fun .. and the table seriously didn't defend, I had shown a lot of meh hands so didn't figure his 3bet to mean normal 3bet strength

on the flop, since I decided to mess around for fun I think the correct line for me is to bet have him raise .. call

then check/raise the turn as that line signifies a big hand most of the time(it'd help if he didn't hit topboat on the turn)

Entity had 3bet me on the flop with Q9s overcards, following my flop checkraise a long time before that .. so i knew he was capable of raising light

well for the river, I led out with my terrible 2pair Clarkmeister style, and he raised .. I knew he knew I knew about the theorem, so his raise didn't mean a monster .. I said [censored] it and attempted bottomset's theorem bluff bet/3bet the river on the 4 flush board(that went3bets on the turn) .. it really had very very little chance of succeeding .. but it woulda been a damn good post on here to show off the bluff .. and $2 meant nothing to me at the time

yeah I shoulda folded to the cap 2 but hey its more fun(I don't remember if i actually showed my 87 or not)
Old 04-18-2005, 12:14 AM

speaking of bottom set .. it was the 2+2 table last night, I get asked to post UTG and oblige get a solid hand in 33, at this point post/straddle seems blah .. so I check its raised and 5ppl come along

I announce a value LRR and do so .. the flop was pretty good for me

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: bottomset is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. bottomset posts a blind of $0.5.
bottomset (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, bottomset calls.

Flop: (26 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

I'm good, but evidently they give me credit for a hand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] they couldn't have played very much with me bastards

River: (18 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, Button folds.

uh folding on the river against me is -ev 95% of the time at 2+2 tables, but if you do so choose to do it, please wait till I'm bluffing(don't worry its very often)
Final Pot: 19 BB