Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 08:33 PM

Default AK CRs turn and gets 3-bet

MP1 is a LA-A, VP$IP about 33, PFR of 6% and a 1.2 Total postflop agression.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero...
Old 01-20-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: AK CRs turn and gets 3-bet

I probably wouldn't have checkraised the turn -- in part because I'm not very good at laying down TPTK heads-up, and I'd be concerned about getting 3-bet. So I would've probably led the turn instead, worrying that the turn card may have helped my opponent too (or that he flopped a set or a straight and didn't need for it to). Plus, if he bets the turn, then the chances that the ace scares him did just go down somewhat.

Anyway, something like 76 seems unlikely, and AT seems more probable than A7 or A6. Plus, there's the possibility that you're drawing dead. So I'm wondering if folding to the turn 3-bet is best.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:33 PM

You bet the turn and he raises you. Do you call down?

I think I prefer the check-raise and fold to 3-bet. You gain a bet when ahead and as long as you can count on him to 3-bet a flush, you're good. You might have to check-behind on the river if he is capable of playing a smaller flush passively.

edit -- oops, forgot hero is out of position here. that means no checking behind.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You bet the turn and he raises you. Do you call down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probably. I'm not saying doing so is necessarily best, though. I've been running into a lot of very aggressive online opponents lately, and I'm still working on adjusting to this.