Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 PM

Default JJ facing weird action on the turn and river

UTG+1 is 29/12/1,0 over 800 hands

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Nothing to discuss right?

Flop: (17.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Not a dangerous flop at all, couldn't have wanted a better one (except for two JJ's [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )MP3 who showed strenght preflop is now just cold calling. I wonder what UTG have here though that bet/calls

Turn: (12.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

All of a sudden UTG+1 wakes up. Did that five make him a set? Or can he have 66's playing his OESD this hard? How do you guys like my line here? Call down his bet? Call down his 3-bet or cap it?

River: (20.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Huh? I probably missed a bet here but I'm lost what to do

Final Pot: 20.75 BB.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: JJ facing weird action on the turn and river

I call down from the turn 3bet. He could have slowplayed a big pair or hit a set/2pair. I don't think he 3-bets the turn with &lt; 2pair.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:43 PM

Wow. And ugh. And yikes!

Preflop is fine, natch. Flop is fine, too, there's not going to be any way to protect your hand in what looks like it's going to be a monster pot.

On the turn the zombie in UTG goes back to sleep, and UTG+1 wakes up on a coordinated board you've gotta be thinking set/straight/wonky-played big pp...I think I call down from right there. If I'm faced with more than 1 bet at any time, I let it go...maybe.

On that river, definitely take the free showdown. He's not folding, but you might feel compelled to if he c/r's you.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:05 PM

You're never winning once he 3-bets the turn.

If you're showing down I would choose call/call after the turn 3-bet, because he's betting the river 99% of the time regardless of what you do on the turn. Save yourself a bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:26 PM

I'm probably just calling the bet on the turn.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:28 PM

Call the turn.

On river it looks like his 2pair got counterfitted?!? or he tried to C/r you again due to you capping it.(most likly).

So call turn, Check river.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:06 PM

Grunch

I think you overplayed the turn. When a passive player wakes up on the turn and 3-bets, I'm not liking an overpair enough to cap. Most likely hands for this guy are a flopped or turned set. (Fish love to wait till the turn to push their sets). Other possiblities are A9 (unlikely given flop action) or maybe a raggedy two pair. With no reads other than the stats you posted, I'd call down after the turn raise.

Incidentally, you have 800 hands on this guy but no specific reads? Datamining?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

it's a grunchin time...

when you get donked on the turn, I think it's generally a bad sign. I think a 29/12 would probably be raising 99 pre-flop from EP, tho. His calling 2 cold on the flop is a bad sign--maybe 33 or 77. I'm 50/50 on calling this bet and calling the river to get to showdown, vs. raising. He could be donking A9 or T8. When we raise and get 3-bet, it's a very bad sign me thinks. The turn cap is total spewage.

After your turn cap and his river check, I take the free showdown. I see a checkraise possibility likely. I think we're behind a lot here. We could have gotten lucky if he over-played his draw, but the possibility of his checkraising his boat or quads is too much. It would suck to have to fold a big pot to a checkraise. We can't do that!
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM

i think you have to raise that turn or fold it. maybe he's just being stupid, but the pot is pretty big and you still have to protect against overcards and you can't offer someone who may have 4 outs or more against you to see the river cheaply.

call down from there.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM

pf &amp; flop look good.

Call the turn, cap no goot!

His riv check is either telling you that

1. he cannot beat 3 9s OR
2. he has quad 9s

Either way, I like the check as I would NOT fold to a c/r, so don't give him the chance.