Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: New to Limit, trying to find my way. A few hands in need of evalua

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking in hand 1 I should have checked the flop and bet the turn if it was a blank (draw heavy flop). This would have given less odds in a smaller pot, possibly allowing me to pick up a medium pot rather than losing a larger one. On the river I think it was a bad call, it can't get any more obvious that he has an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is FPS (Fancy Play Syndrome). Players at these limits aren't affected by what you're doing; in other words, the same guy that's going to call with ace-high once on the flop and once on the turn is going to call regardless of what you do.

[ QUOTE ]
On hand 2 I was thinking I should have lead the turn again considering I had a heavy drawing hand, then the raiser probably would have raised again, that way the player drawing to the straight may have considered folding. This would have lead to a split pot rather than losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is plain, old-fashioned results-oriented thinking. And, again, the guy wasn't right to call with his gutshot, anyway. And, finally, as Miles pointed out, if you do get raised again on the turn, your chances of having the best hand are slim and none, and Slim just left town.

Also, fwiw, the only opponent that played a decent hand in these two was BB with A6o in the second hand. You played them both fine.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: New to Limit, trying to find my way. A few hands in need of evaluation

*grunch*
Hand 1. I check behind on the turn.
Hand 2. I 3bet that flop all day, every day.

EDIT to say: The way you played it, you could have folded hand 1.
Checking behind might be a bit weak but it would depend how tricky\passive my opponents were.
I think I'd vomit if I got c\r.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 PM

hand 1 looks good, but hand two your spewing. Fold on the turn, you are most likely beaten so dont waste you time in this medium to small pot.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:37 PM

sorry, hand 2 i am wrong,you played it ok, i wasnt paying attention to your suitedness.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:24 PM

Okay here's another one. Two questions; should I have raised preflop? What's my play on the flop?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-22-2005, 10:34 PM

Hand 1: Fold the river, but watch in the future to see if this guy makes tricky plays when scary cards come.
Hand 2: 3-bet the flop. You have two opponents and are 2:1 to make the nut flush by the river, plus you have other ways to win as well (e.g. pairing the 3, or splitting with something like A8 if big cards come or the board pairs).
Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 PM

raise, reevaluate on turn?

i fold with a good read that he'll fastplay trips

and no dont raise preflop
Old 11-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Hand 1: The wake up by the SB on the river indicates to me he has at least A-medium kicker. Still, I'd call and hate myself.

Hand 2: Raise the flop, with top pair and the nut flush draw. Okay through the turn. Pairing the board means the J counterfeits your weak kicker and anyone elses medium kicker. With the raise on the river, I think I'm beat and fold.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay here's another one. Two questions; should I have raised preflop? What's my play on the flop?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't raise PF, hell, it's questionable whether it's playable (depending on how loose/tight remaining players are)

Fold flop, you completely missed it.

Crovax