Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Set o Queens

On the river I got scared by the runner runner flush. I thought button might raise on the turn if he had something like a gutshot and picked up a flush draw. Is that way off base?

Other possibility is 9T of course. But he didn't cap the turn so is that out the window? I think of the river was an offsuit King I would 3 bet, is that correct?

Who 3 bets the river? Or did I play it just right?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (15.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Set o Queens

perfect.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:14 AM

Looks good enough. If you feel like you're seeing a certain set of actions that scream draw you could probably call the turn raise and check/call the river, especially if you think you'll make extra bets by dragging one more with you. But I prefer keeping the aggression, especially as a default play, since you never lose a bet on the river. I think calling is better here from his raise, and yes, a third bet with an offsuit king is a good idea.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Other possibility is 9T of course. But he didn't cap the turn so is that out the window? I think of the river was an offsuit King I would 3 bet, is that correct?

Who 3 bets the river? Or did I play it just right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it.