Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Playing against a possible flush.

Say you have top pair on a board with a possible flush draw. You bet, get 3-4 callers. Turn comes completing the possible flush draw. In early position, should you bet again and fold to any raise? In late position, should you fold if a check-caller suddenly bets or check-raises you?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Playing against a possible flush.

Depends if i have reads and how big the pot is.

Usually i'd fold to a check raise or a previous caller betting out but its "Situation dependant".

is the board paired? will i win if i boat up? Does the pot offer me these odds(probably not).
Old 07-24-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Playing against a possible flush.

I think it all depends on how big the pot has become, how many other players are still in the hand and how straightforward you think the better/raiser plays. Another possible consideration is how many overcards could fall to beat your top pair.

For example if I had top pair with say JTs in a small pot with many opponents and a normally passive player raised or check-raised me on a 3 flush board on the turn, I would seriously consider folding.

However with the same hand and board, if someone that I thought was loose and agressive raised or check-raised me on the turn HU in a very big pot, then I would most likely call down.

Where you draw the line is down to your judgement. However, I must admit that its not often that I would feel comfortable continuing with top pair when someone had raised me with a possible made flush on the turn at micro-stakes.

Editing: And if I was in EP, I would usually bet the turn with top pair (particularly TPGK). Unless perhaps I had a vulnerable hand like say A7s in a multiway pot and I had paired my 7.