Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: What\'s up with Swedish/Norweigen players???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Were you kidding there? Who needs a ticket out of the highest ranked countires in education, economy and pretty much every ranking known to man? Scandinavian countries are the prototype that every other country in the world should aspire to copy, even (and maybe especially) the great United State of America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, but can you carry around a Glock 9mm on your belt?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't Norway have the same ammount of guns per person as the USA? Thought i remembered something being mentioned in Bowling for Columbine.... Plus they have less restrictions on what guns they can own, and still they have a lower murder rate.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Were you kidding there? Who needs a ticket out of the highest ranked countires in education, economy and pretty much every ranking known to man? Scandinavian countries are the prototype that every other country in the world should aspire to copy, even (and maybe especially) the great United State of America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, none of the above crack the top 10 of most sexually active countries. Kudos to France, Greece, and the United Kingdom (among others). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, none of the above crack the top 10 of most sexually active countries. Kudos to France, Greece, and the United Kingdom (among others). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durex Most Sexually Active Countries

UK in 9th [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And those French are just liers.....
Old 11-15-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durex Most Sexually Active Countries

UK in 9th [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And those French are just liers.....

[/ QUOTE ]

We're tied with USA, but the girls here are far more beautiful, so it's quality sex [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 03:20 PM

The real reason?

Great tilt relief.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, my estimate of 100/3500 entrants could be too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

familiarize yourself with scandanavian goegraphy and you'll realize there are WAY more than 100 entrants in the sunday tourneys from these countries...
Old 11-15-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, are there any objective rankings of the average education or intelligence level of Scandanavians or Sweden/Norway vs. other parts of the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm part Swede so maybe I can relate a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Just my own wrong opinion, but I don't think the Scands are necessarily any smarter on average than anyone else. I do think they are more studious and generally better students than people in the states and more receptive to instruction. They treat their teachers as experts, hold them in high regard, and then believe and practice what they are being taught. I think this boils over into poker. They study furiously, believe what they study and then put it into practice.

Whether or not there are any collaboration schemes going on is anyone's guess. Being a technologist, I can easily envision scenarios in which a relatively modest investment could produce an untraceable collaborative virtual or physical environment.

Of course something like that is against the sites' rules and completely unethical. But it is only a problem with the sites if you get caught. The technology won't fail in this kind of setup. Only greed and stupidity would cause people to get caught.

As far as the legalities, I'm no lawyer but I would really question whether or not something like this would constitute wire fraud in the states or elsewhere. The actual transactions are taking place offshore. The enforcement would have to come from the offshore location. For the host government to get involved, they would have to be invited in by the offshore government. IMHO, this is the last thing in the world these offshore sites want, to have the US or other government get involved. It is the first step towards mass regulation, taxation, etc.

Bottom line, it is not easy but definitely possible to put together a fairly sophisticated and untraceable cheating scheme. It's like everything else in the world. Caveat emptor. Play at your own risk.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:08 PM

Guys please forgive me, but anytime I see these types of trends relating to groups of nationalities I become suspicious. I know that americans/EUs are very forgiving and tend to overlook these types of schemes but as a poker player I find it necessary to hold the game to a high standard.

This would not be the first time that I uncovered such a scheme. A few yrs ago I was on the graduate admissions program for the graduate statistics dept at a certain large university. Well, make a long story short, anybody who has been to college and taken a statistics course was probably taught by a chinese TA. Now I'm no racist and I have no problem with the fact that the Chinese math/stats students are very far ahead in mathematics than any other country in the world. Problem was, their GRE Verbal scores were all coming in at a perfect 800 while mine was at 600. It just didn't make sense either as I would get emails from them over in China that were like "How u be in amerika?" None of them could even communicate when they got here. Lo and behold, we found out that the company making the exams was using recycled tests and a large group of students from Peking university had gotten hold of them and commited them to memory. Of course, nothing was ever done about it.

Indy
Old 11-15-2005, 04:13 PM

if you wanted to make money colluding, the HARDEST way to do it would be in 3300 person tournaments...
Old 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM

This is pathetic and i didnt think I would see a thread like this on the forum