Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 vs 9
Hotel California - The Eagles 105 61.76%
American Pie - Don McLean 65 38.24%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Do I feel lucky?

This is a 109. Sorry Yugo, there is no option for Fold PF.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

BB (t800)
UTG (t1570)
UTG+1 (t1225)
MP1 (t810)
MP2 (t1100)
MP3 (t930)
CO (t1370)
Button (t1095)
Hero (t1100)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls t100, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t250</font>
Old 05-17-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Do I feel lucky?

I think you will actually be the favorite on this hand as long as no one has a higher flush.

I like the push. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 10:26 AM

Flop: I generally don't mind the check here. Sort of a look around, see where you're at check. If you were only up against the BB, I'd be inclined to call or raise (or push). Given the situation, my decision to push or fold (not a big fan of calling here) will likely depend on how I "feel" about the situation at the time. Given this is a $109, and the fact that CO would be left with t1120 if he folds, I'm inclined to push. I think there is a 20-40% chance villain folds this. If villain had been left with fewer chips by folding, say t700 or less, I'm confident villain is calling nearly 100% of the time, and I think that could make this more tricky.

For all you posters who said call:
You might want to consider your mindset at the tables. If you're going to be calling off ~25% of your stack to **see** a card (or two) you're likely committing yourself to this pot (or spewing chips). Furthermore, if a club or K hits, you may not get paid off. Thus you have not been paid for the risk you've taken to **see** the turn card (or maybe more for the river). Furthermore, pushing might win it for you right there. If you're more of the mindset to call here, I'd recommend a fold instead.

Pokerstove Results:
against QJ, you're a 48% favorite to win the hand
against 44, you're a 40% favorite to win the hand
against Qx, you're a 51% favorite to win the hand
against AA, you're a 53% favorite to win the hand

Against that entire range, you're a 50.4% favorite to win the hand.

Worst case scenario:
AQ-clubs, you're a 21% favorite to win the hand
Old 05-17-2005, 10:49 AM

I dont mind checking this either on the flop. With so many to act, I want to see what I am dealing with here.

That said, I would be hard pressed to lay this down. But i dont think a push is going to have any FE and you might be facing two other players (prob only one) and some outs are surely gone/drawing dead.

I had a similar situation last night...perhaps not as good a draw, but my rationale for laying it down early before investing anything was that I AM BETTER than the rest...maybe delusional, but I like my bubble play better than my pushing draws early.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a similar situation last night...perhaps not as good a draw, but my rationale for laying it down early before investing anything was that I AM BETTER than the rest...maybe delusional, but I like my bubble play better than my pushing draws early.

[/ QUOTE ]

You feel this way on a $109?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuba...I am humbled...you are entirely correct. I overlooked the buy-in.

I would take this edge here.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuba...I am humbled...you are entirely correct. I overlooked the buy-in.

I would take this edge here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok to qualify your responses with "In a 30/3, I would...." or whatever you play.

There aren't enough 109 players here to generate a good discussion.

If it helps, my current impression is that the 109 is not that much different from the 55. It's certainly not a big enough difference to matter in this hand.

I'm really suprised that more people haven't voted for Fold. Do the 2 other players (bettor and caller) concern anyone else here?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:21 PM

i like checking and then pushing over the top...

the two other players (bettor and caller) are what makes it attractive, i think... if it was just the bettor and me, it wouldn't seem nearly as worth it as with a few more chips thrown into the pot
Old 05-17-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really suprised that more people haven't voted for Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, I actually voted fold, but I changed my response as I thought about it more. That's why I posted. The reason I thought about folding a there are already two people vying for this pot, and avoiding this is not a bad play either.

But that being said, I'm far more surprised by how many people say call! What a horrible play. What do you do then if BB pushes?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:34 PM

I check, planning to check raise all in. But when BB gets raised I have no fold equity, so I let it go.