Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Turn question w/ QQ, Party 30/60.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, tough one. Ace is certainly the most common holding for villian here. Most other possibilities would have raised the flop (like 88).

With the club I like check calling the turn for sure. If he has 88-1010 there is good chance he was folding anyway and has only 2 outs, and if you are behind you are paying 2BB to see the river if you lead with a bet.

Without the club is trickier. I thikn MOST players will raise here if they got it and fold if they dont, so bet/fold would be OK. But a really aggressive tricky opponent may see that ace as a good bluff card rather than a card that killed his hand. Also, villian can easily fold to a 3bet. So if you are the villian and you have 1010 here do you raise the turn? I'm not really sure. One thing is for sure, I would not be putting in more than 2BB for the rest of the hand. So if you lead, get rasied and call, I think you can definitely fold if he bets the river. I dont know......

I think I am leaning toward a bet/fold if you dont have teh club, sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thoughts here, I agree with a lot of this.