Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 10:54 PM

Default embarrassed to show this hand...

well i guess the hand kinda plays itself out.... i'm not the GREATEST at the pot odds stuff.... but was i getting good enough odds here? i was getting 3-1 preflop and then like 4-1 on the flop to hit my flush..... part of me hates myself for getting involved in this hand preflop but another part of me thinks it was decent............ thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($103.30)</font>
CO ($185.52)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($70.23)</font>
SB ($44.41)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($59.32)</font>
UTG ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, CO calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $6, UTG folds, Hero calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $11</font>, Button calls $4, BB calls $4, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($45.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10, CO calls $10, Button calls $59.23 (All-In), BB calls $38.32 (All-In), Hero calls $49.23, CO folds.

Turn: ($222.28) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($222.28) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $222.28
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $200.46, between Hero, Button and BB.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: $21.82, between Hero and Button.</font>
Old 12-19-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: embarrassed to show this hand...

[ QUOTE ]
well i guess the hand kinda plays itself out.... i'm not the GREATEST at the pot odds stuff.... but was i getting good enough odds here? i was getting 3-1 preflop and then like 4-1 on the flop to hit my flush..... part of me hates myself for getting involved in this hand preflop but another part of me thinks it was decent............ thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically why don't you like it.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:57 PM

i'm not sure... i was playing on tilt when it started and i feel like i coulda saved that money if i just wouldn't have called preflop... but it was tempting... there was a lot of money going into the pot
Old 12-19-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically why don't you like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure... i was playing on tilt when it started and i feel like i coulda saved that money if i just wouldn't have called preflop... but it was tempting... there was a lot of money going into the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't drawing to the nuts against two all-ins.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:08 PM

Looks fine to me, +EV but also high variance. Once you've raised pf(which is perfectly reasonable) you're getting fantastic odds every step of the way. You're opponents played horribly by pricing you in, and it nearly cost them their stacks. JMO
Old 12-19-2005, 11:10 PM

Higher risk, higher reward. Definitely not a poor play. The only thing you could have done differently is fold pre-flop, but I like mixing it up with 56 or 67 soooted once in a while also (I usually see the same results).
Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine to me, +EV but also high variance. Once you've raised pf(which is perfectly reasonable) you're getting fantastic odds every step of the way. You're opponents played horribly by pricing you in, and it nearly cost them their stacks. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you putting the villain's on?

BB is on a flush draw, Button has pair/2pair/ straight. I don't want to be drawing to the six high flush here.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is on a flush draw, Button has pair/2pair/ straight. I don't want to be drawing to the six high flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB range is much wider than A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I think both villians have made hands. One a set, another two pr or a straight. I think one spade is an out. Runner runner spades is disaster.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree A

[/ QUOTE ]

BB range is much wider than A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I think both villians have made hands. One a set, another two pr or a straight. I think one spade is an out. Runner runner spades is disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is too tight, however there are many permuatations of better [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draws.

Is this read dependent?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:29 PM

That board offers alot of possibilities besides bigger flush draws. They both probably have hit the flop, but given the pot odds at each step of the way hero can't fold.