Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 04:48 AM

Default New Book Schedule

Hi Everyone:

Let me take this opportunity to update where we stand on future books. First however, let me thank everyone who has purchased our new book Small Stakes Hold 'em. It has already become a great success and of course encourages us to do more books.

Here's the way things look right now.

1. The manuscript for Harrington on Hold 'em, Volume I is complete. I'll be meeting with Dan and Bill Robertie this weekend to iron out a few issues, and we now hope to have the book for sale by late November. (This text covers the early and middle stages of no limit hold 'em tournaments.)

2. There will be a Volume II that will cover the late stages of these tournaments. We're projecting it by late spring. There may also be a third workbook to follow.

3. Ed Miller is working on a book tentatively titled Getting Started in Hold 'em. It will be for new players, will cover limit, no limit, and tournaments. We hope to have it shortly after the first of the year.

4. Greg Raymer is working on a book of poker tournament essays. I met with the "Fossilman" a few weeks ago and he said that things were going well with the book. We'll give it top priority as soon as we get the text. But Greg's someone who's in demand right now, (that's what happens when you become world champion) so I'm not sure when the manuscript will be delivered. But we hope to see something shortly after the first of the year.

4. Alan Schoonmaker is finishing up his new book Business is a Poker Game. It's about how to be successful at business using poker tactics. We hope to have it out shortly after the new year.

5. David Sklansky is close to starting work on a new book, probably to be written with Ed Miller, tentatively called Principles of No Limit Hold 'em. This will be on cash games and will be the book that some of you are asking for. It's not 100 percent that it will get done, but I'm betting that it will happen and we could have it by the middle of next year.

6. Ed Miller may still do something along the lines of a poker problem book. However, the two other books mentioned involving him would come first.

6. I have been contacted by several posters on these forums about books they are working on. These include a pot limit Omaha book, and a book on sit-n-go tournaments. I have promised these authors that we will take a serious look at their works and if they meet our standards, we just might go with them.

After all of this is done, I will take a vacation, and may even play some poker.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: New Book Schedule

I guess this means that no book on shorthanded hold'em is in the works?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2004, 08:57 AM

AWESOME!

BTW, and I hate saying this about a fellow VT Math alum, I have to question your numbering scheme. If you want to get creative, put Fibonacci numbers or something [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2004, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5. David Sklansky is close to starting work on a new book, probably to be written with Ed Miller, tentatively called Principles of No Limit Hold 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo-yah!
Old 09-29-2004, 09:26 AM

From the point of view of a good sound business strategy, I like Ed's priority list. From the point of view of a fairly soild player who wishes to increase his winnings and problem solving abilities, I'd prefer the poker problem book first. But I'm willing to wait!

TT in da club [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2004, 09:52 AM

I guess not, and you should consider that a good thing.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:45 AM

I hope #5 comes out, so I can finally learn to play nl cash.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:46 AM

The HUSH forum is an excellent resource.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:17 PM

Sounds great. Thanks for the update.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:48 PM

No Gus Hansen book?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]