Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: KK vs a TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't check the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

jd - Do you suggest bet/fold or bet/call on the turn? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I woudl bet/call here. There is no reason to think villain has a Jack (he would have called the 3-bet on the flop and raised a turn bet by hero). More likely a flush draw trying to get a cheap turn in position/medium PP (10's?) charging overcards. I would put villain on AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if hero did'nt have the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in his hands. AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if villain didn't fold to the river bet. As it stands, it seems like villain 3 bet pre-flop with AT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (not quite the TAG he is made out to be...) or maybe pocket 8's/9's/10's.

If villain calls the 3 bet on flop and then raises me on turn I may consider folding this, but would prolly still see showdown (c/c) - and I expect to see AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AJ - so I'm winning half of these.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I woudl bet/call here. There is no reason to think villain has a Jack (he would have called the 3-bet on the flop and raised a turn bet by hero). More likely a flush draw trying to get a cheap turn in position/medium PP (10's?) charging overcards. I would put villain on AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if hero did'nt have the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in his hands. AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if villain didn't fold to the river bet. As it stands, it seems like villain 3 bet pre-flop with AT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (not quite the TAG he is made out to be...) or maybe pocket 8's/9's/10's.

If villain calls the 3 bet on flop and then raises me on turn I may consider folding this, but would prolly still see showdown (c/c) - and I expect to see AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AJ - so I'm winning half of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, just wanted to see what your reasoning was!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason to think villain has a Jack

[/ QUOTE ]

well i think QQ, KK, AA also make up a good bit of his range seeing how he played it.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 PM

Yes. Those hands are definitly possible. But YOU have KK, so that makes KK are pretty slim holding. And he has other hands here more often than QQ/AA. With no ace on board and 2 to the flush, he is going to have to show me AA at some point - I am not giving a flop capper (in position) a free draw at a flush.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think putting in 3BB between the turn and river is too much unless you have a retardedly crazy read on villain. You capped preflop, 3-bet the flop, and you think he's raising ATc or AQc when you lead the turn?

Rob
Old 12-08-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think putting in 3BB between the turn and river is too much unless you have a retardedly crazy read on villain. You capped preflop, 3-bet the flop, and you think he's raising ATc or AQc when you lead the turn?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is raising AQc or AJ on the turn. Not ATc (that slows down FOR SURE).
Old 12-08-2005, 01:43 PM

Well played.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm not even sure this guy would 3 bet me pf with ATs.

point is on the turn there are more combos considering his range that i am behind than those that i am ahead of.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even sure this guy would 3 bet me pf with ATs.

point is on the turn there are more combos considering his range that i am behind than those that i am ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding ding.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 PM

This is one where you should have definitely ended the action on the turn card. The responses are going to be skewed because it went c/c, b/f.

Anyway, here's my analysis:

His hand range is narrow after the flop action: AA, KK, QQ, AQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and maybe 1010. There are the following hand combinations:

AA-6
KK-1
QQ-3
AQ:clubs:-1
1010-6 discount this because of flop aggression to about 3, IMO.

We are ahead of 4 (7 at most), behind 9 and chop 1. I'd bet the turn and if he raises, I can eliminate 10-10 for sure. That leaves 1 hand we beat (AQ:clubs, 9 we don't and 1 chop.

So, from an EV perspective:

1/11 * 11.75 = 1.07
1/11 * 5.375 = .49
9/11 * -2 = -1.63

However, when we are ahead of AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], he has still has 13 outs (3 aces, 2 queens, 8 clubs). Therefore:

(1.07)x(31/44) = 0.75 bb, our EV if we are ahead and stay ahead.

True, sometimes we catch a K when we are behind and win the pot, but it won't happen often enough to turn this isn't a profitable calldown. I'd bet the turn and fold to a raise.

I'm new at working the math, so if I'm wrong somewhere, please correct me.