Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: This is tough to write

I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:29 AM

I am incredibly sorry for your loss. Your son's smile could light up a room.

My son, Blake, is turning 4 on Sunday and we got him one of those Rainbow Playscapes for his birthday. Reading your story makes me want to take the Playscape down, keep Blake inside, and hold him in my arms until he turns 18 (or longer).

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:02 AM

Dan, I'm sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I tried to find something I could say that would truly helpful and comforting, but I guess I'm not that wise. I just don't know what to say. This is just such sad and upsetting news. I am not usually a religious man, but I have said a prayer for your son and for your family and hope you are able to find peace and strength. We are all behind you.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:55 PM

My sympathy to you and your family.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:31 PM

May tomorrow be brighter than today.

Peace.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:40 PM

Slavic,

Somehow I miss this thread. My heart goes out to you and yours. Stay strong brother.

Take it slow,
Joe Tall
Old 07-27-2005, 06:53 AM

Slavic,

I have never been in this sub-forum, and did not know what to expect to be reading when I clicked on this post. However, upon opening it, I have read one of the most sincere, deep, honest and emotional posts that I have ever come across. From what I gather, this tragic loss happened several weeks ago, and all I can offer is my condolences for what still must be a traumatic time for yourself, and your family.

Its times like these, that put everything into complete perspective. I can understand that you are probably still undergoing counselling, for what is an unimaginable loss. I'm not a parent, and so can't imagine the pain that you must be feeling, however, I feel that this pain is unimaginable. Love for children is unconditional, and it must be horrible to have never seen your little boy grow up. Just reading this at work has made me highly emotional, and I feel that you deserve enormous credit for being able to write what you did, when you did. All I can offer is my deepest sympathies.

As for the poker, if its your sole income, then have a break, until you see fit to be able to get back to playing. But, don't feel ashamed that you don't feel mentally up for it, that would be expected. Just take it slow and ease yourself back into the swing of things.

Another thing that amazes me, is the compassion of this forum. I'm truly astonished at the level of warmth generated in this thread from people that you may/or may not know.....I feel it sums up human nature in its entirety and shows the love and warmth that man can show fellow man. In a time when our world is at its most vulnerable and people are genuinely afraid of the hatred being shown between one human and another. Things like the messages on a poker forum messageboard that show so much love really have made me put things into perspective.

Once again, my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May he Rest In Peace...

Darren
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 PM

This is very sad. My condolences to you and yours.