Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

We are at the stage where we should take promise-to-pay orders for the new Pharaoh’s Club Paulson chip group buy. This set is in the final stages of design, and the public has been anxious to get the group buy rolling.

If you take part in this group buy, you will be getting the most unique and sought after new chip on the market, at a price that cannot be matched anywhere. See the end of this post for bigger mockups.

Use the following link to the “promise-to-pay” order form. It’s not meant as an actual order, just a way to get an assessment to where we stand on the quantity that we expect to order. Visit the form and tell me how many you plan to buy.

<font color="green"> “Promise-to-Pay” Order Form </font>

Here are things we know for sure:
[*]Price will be the best I can get for us. If we go through a vendor, there will have to be an allowance made for them to profit on the deal. There would be no other reason for them to do it. They must cover their interest, credit card fees, and other costs, plus make a bit for themselves. No deal has been made yet, so I can’t tell you the actual price yet. It will most likely be between .90 and .95 cents, which is 25% to 30% off of retail price of $1.25. I’d be willing to bet that these sell for upwards of $1.50 each once the group buy is over.
[*]There will be seven denominations, and one blank. Eight designs in total. The orange $1000 will also be offered without a number as a “wild” chip to be used as anything you like.
[*]Each inlay will be the same except for the most prominent design element, the color graphic. This graphic changes on each denomination.
[*]The colors are not negotiable. We were limited to the same color choices that Paulson allows for ALL home chip sets.
[*]Inlays will be the best that we are allowed to get. Right now, that is round, standard sized inlay. Current word is that the mold is being changed to better fit a standard inlay. If shaped edges for the inlay are allowed, then we will order them. If possible, I will order a different inlay shape for each denomination, with round as the 25˘ chip.
[*]From the day that we place the order, it will be approximately 8-10 weeks for delivery to the vendor. I’d add another week for delivery to your door.

Ten

Old 03-11-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

I haven't answered the poll... my attraction to this buy was the shaped inlays. Without that I'll just be jealous of the owners of the chips [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Good luck all, I don't think getting 100k will be a problem.

One question Ten... will this buy be "available" after it's over like the egyptians and suits or will it be an exclusive one-time only offer?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:23 PM

I thought the $1 was going to be blue? Is a change imminent?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:26 PM

Wow, I can't believe how much better the chip with the concentric circles looks than the others. That would be sweet if they did that.

Very nice designs, by the way. I'm an especially big fan of the $100.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't answered the poll... my attraction to this buy was the shaped inlays. Without that I'll just be jealous of the owners of the chips [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Good luck all, I don't think getting 100k will be a problem.

One question Ten... will this buy be "available" after it's over like the egyptians and suits or will it be an exclusive one-time only offer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have mockups of the shaped inlays, but we made them on GRAND size, as that information was passed to us. Until I have STANDARD size SHAPED mockups, I'm leaving the pictures above as-is.

However, here's a taste of what you can expect... only on a standard sized inlay...

Ten

Old 03-11-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For now I've decided to keep it white.

Ten
Old 03-11-2005, 04:34 PM

Let's see... about three months (minimum?) between now and delivery?

Come on, June!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Blue is much nicer for the $1.00 chip. It is a very attractive chip where the white chip is very bland.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:58 PM

Don't like it then don't buy it? You shouldn't feel like you need to jump on the bandwagon because everyone else is. Not directing at you personally.