Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-23-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Question in Ciaffone\'s PL and NL book

Not 6 max. Just 6 to the flop. Full ring.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not 6 max. Just 6 to the flop. Full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]
ahhh, I'm an idiot, (been drinking) hmmmm, then I find a fold more often, but still, I get in with this more than fold.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:48 AM

against thinking opponents all you can beat is a bluff

also, the important concept herein is that if you call your entire stack is at risk, with that raise your opponent is making you decide if your hand is worth your stack, while if hes bluffing not another cent enters the pot

just a piece of advice, next time you REALLY want to learn something about this great book, dont respond so forcefully when someone reinforces your preconcieved notions, let the discussion grow naturally, this thread closely resembles a dialogue of theoretical masturbation
Old 12-23-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just a piece of advice, next time you REALLY want to learn something about this great book, dont respond so forcefully when someone reinforces your preconcieved notions, let the discussion grow naturally, this thread closely resembles a dialogue of theoretical masturbation

[/ QUOTE ]

Little hostile. It is a great book, note I put one question up for discussion not the grounding of the entire book.

I don't believe I responded that forcefully. I was surprised someone would advocate so strongly a fold with such a strong hand to just one raise. I don't understand why you have to commit your entire stack if you call. Why can't you re-evaluate on the turn. Does the villain bet the turn here 100% of the time as you make it sound? I don't believe so. That is just the point I'm trying to make. A thinking opponent can make this raise with a wide range depending on hero's previous actions. I've done it with nothing to make it look like I have a set (case and point, it was against Fslexcduck when she had a set [oops!] and she strongly believed she was going to stack me).

Anyway, I'm not sure what 'preconceived notion' Ciaffone reinforced. How do I let the discussion grow IF I DON'T POST.

Your response is inane.

I like theory. And I like masturbation. Why not put the two together?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:42 AM

hmm how can i be clear, memorable, and yet also less inane...how about this

it would be a vast overstatement to say you understand the basic concepts in the text

a random case hand with duck doesnt address the issues or provide any sort of compeling argument

btwthefuckcanyoureevaluateontheturninthatbigofapot withaset!!?!?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:53 AM

Pot is 350. It's 110 to call. You'll have 830 behind after you call. Are you serious? If you're so sure you're beat why not call then lead any turn for 1/2-3/4 pot, then if he pushes you can fold. You really think this is that cut and dry huh? I'm not saying it's an easy spot to stack yourself. I'm just saying it's not an *easy* fold.

Oh, also, there's a piece of sand in your vagina. I'd advise to remove it immediately before it becomes infected.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot is 350. It's 110 to call. You'll have 830 behind after you call. Are you serious? If you're so sure you're beat why not call then lead any turn for 1/2-3/4 pot, then if he pushes you can fold. You really think this is that cut and dry huh? I'm not saying it's an easy spot to stack yourself. I'm just saying it's not an *easy* fold.

Oh, also, there's a piece of sand in your vagina. I'd advise to remove it immediately before it becomes infected.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a tilt problem, perhaps if you requested coaching services from Bob he could help you deal with this issue

happy holidays to you sir
Old 12-23-2005, 04:07 AM

I have 50 more posts than you.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:07 AM

actually tommy would probably be more helpful

glad i caught that oversight!

oh btw, im also almost postive tommy also can help you with your insecurity issue! its a twofer!

best wishes
Old 12-23-2005, 04:09 AM

thats tommy angelo of tommyangelo.com

just in case, ya know, you thought i meant some other tommy

so to wrap up, glad i could help, dont even mention it, im sure youll hit me back sometime

holiday season and all