Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Set of aces

BB is superfish. Bets any pair on the flop, raises any pair on the flop, calls down impossible draws. Only thinks about his hand, not the board, not the other players.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3122715908 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is UTG with <font color="green">A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (10 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 4 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, Button calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls,

Flop: (12.33 SB) <font color="red">4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, Button <font color="darkred">folds</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Turn: (9.17 BB) <font color="blue">7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls,

River: (17.17 BB) <font color="red">2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls,

Final Pot: 25.17 BB

Would you have capped this river considering the player and play so far?

Juicy tables tonight, fish owned me. I have never ever been outdrawn on all my 4 tables at once at the same time till tonight. Sometimes you gotta know when its just not your night to win.
http://www.texasholdempoker-stats.com/images/owned.gif
Old 11-30-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Set of aces

the one thing that makes me want to not cap this river is that you don't hold the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and given the action BB holding a Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush needs to be considered as a fairly likely holding.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the one thing that makes me want to not cap this river is that you don't hold the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and given the action BB holding a Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush needs to be considered as a fairly likely holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think that if we are going to raise the river, we probably should cap it.

Here's why:

Given the amount of action villain has given us on the turn and the pre-flop action, we basically have to decide this:

Villain either has a big A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) hand or he does not.

So, if I were playing this hand, I'd basically decide whether I thought my opponent would ever get that aggressive on the early streets with a hand that wasn't a big suited [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A. For many opponents, the answer is simply "no." In which case, I don't think we should even raise the river. If it's "yes," the river actually doesn't change that much anyway and so I'm probably going to cap it.

My basic point is that if I think my opponent is aggro. enough to go crazy in this hand without a huge hand (I don't think undersets are that likely, so basically we're talking about some kind of AK/AQ hand, maybe suited in hearts or not), and hence I decide I want to raise the river, the fact that he three-bets the river is not going to do much to discourage me from capping (particularly online where I'm not risking a five-bet).
Old 12-01-2005, 09:51 AM

I see what you mean. This player had a tendency to raise his TP at any time. I gave him some reasonable intelligence that he would stop and think that "hmmm" maybe this guy has a set on the turn. When he kept reraising me on the flop I put him on AKs. But then on the turn when he capped I thought maybe he has a lower set and went nuts preflop with something else or he was an idiot with KK?

Thats why I capped the river. I know if I was 3 bet on the turn even with Ahkh I would still only call realising the other player hit either middle or top set. Thats the credit I gave this player.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:22 AM

You say he calls down impossible draws. That river completes several draws. Is he so dumb as to bet into the turn capper without a made hand (better than a set)?

I would expect to see AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or AJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a lot of the time here. I may play TPTK w/ nut flush draw the same way, and I'm not a terrible player. If just calling the initial river bet is a little weak, I think capping the river is spewing.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:39 AM

I cap this without hesitation.

He has gone so many bets on earlier streets, if he went so many bets on the turn with AK of hearts he has earned four big bets from me on the river. He probably has 77 or A7, or possibly AK.

Given your read he could also easily have JJ-KK. Not capping here would be a nightmare.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:55 AM

No, I don't cap the river. BB is going to have a flush here a lot. He may even have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 12:04 PM

Hi paperboy,

You said:
[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't cap the river. BB is going to have a flush here a lot. He may even have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
If BB is crazy enough to have a flush here, isn't he crazy enough to have many other various holdings as well?

Happy holidays,
einbert
Old 12-01-2005, 01:23 PM

If there was just a possible flush on the board, given your read on villian, I'd cap it. But with the 1-card straight possible against a superfish who could have anything, I'd call the 3bet. This is really a judgement call. If you think more often than not he'd play a lesser hand this aggressively, then cap it.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the way he described BB, i really dont think hes playing A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] any different than x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

edit: nevermind, im an idiot, ace on flop