Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-23-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Do you treat yourself after a good month? I do.

The first of every month I add up all the results from my different sites. I include all bonuses and you know what. If I surpass my monthly goal, it's time to begin preparations for the "Good Month Dinner". "Who's on the guest list?" you might ask. Me. That's all. Time to go shopping.

My local grocery store has a mediterranean olive bar. I grab one of those plastic platters and load it up with the following: Giant pimento stuffed green olives, garlic marinated mushrooms, roasted marinated tomatoes, small pieces of fresh mozzerella, & finally artichoke salad.

I head over to the meat section and grab a well marbled prime rib steak. This will accompany the lobster tail that is thawing in the fridge at home. I go grab some kind of well aged or exotic flavored cheese and I'm outta there. Time to go next door to the liquor store. I head for the wine isle. I choose a local sweet red cause that's my favorite.

I get home and inform my wife that is Good Month Dinner day. She asks me how I did and I tell her. She says "Good job babe" and it's off to the kitchen I go.

The lobster tail and prime rib go into the broiler, while I get the side dishes & cheese on the table & get the butter melting on the stove. I pour myself a glass of wine & a glass of milk ( I always have milk with dinner), and when the food is ready it's just me and my feast.

As I'm chowin' I reflect on what I need to work on in my game, and evaluate my strengths and weaknesses, and bankroll vs. the limits I'm playing.

Damn, after writing this it seems more like a ritual or ceremony than a reward. Anyone else treat themselves after a good month?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Do you treat yourself after a good month? I do.

I treat myself after a good day by buying the ever so rare $10 lunch\dinner for myself.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:43 PM

Does your wife cook herself a hotdog while you're eating your Surf & Turf?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:43 PM

Most months I buy a little something Ive been wanting. I am at about the max limits I feel comfortable at right now. Any higher than 3/6ish, and pots start becoming what Im used to living off of for a week; and losing a big pot impacts me emotionally at limits higher than I play now (ie: Man, that was 3 days worth of food). So basically anything over what I need for a strong 3/6 bankroll I end up spending on myself after I pay off bills. My game isnt strong enough to test the waters at 5/10 short, and I cant handle swings that large, so Im a permanent small stakes dood until I cash big in a multi and have a roll big enough that I can afford to lose some of it learning to win at a higher limit.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:48 PM

i thought you ought to treat yourself to the re-heterosexualization buffet.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I treat myself after a good day by buying the ever so rare $10 lunch\dinner for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, same thing for me. Sometimes I may even go so far as to spend $15. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Ahhh, the life of a low-limit whore.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:17 PM

I buy RAM and poker books! I want an LCD screen next. My treats are few but beauuuuuuuuuuutiful!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 PM

Do you get invited to many parties?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:34 PM

I'm gonna start putting people who make idiotic posts on ignore. What's the over/under on how many days it takes me to reach 100?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna start putting people who make idiotic posts on ignore. What's the over/under on how many days it takes me to reach 100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you read every post? If so, its one day.