Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 02:24 PM

Default OESD

Both villains on the turn are overly tight and extrememly weak.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero ?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: OESD

Hmmmm. If they're as tight-weak as you say, maybe CR the turn to represent trips? You still have outs, and there's only two of them. If you get three-bet, then fold. If you call, A K splits the pot with any other J (wonder if MP has the same hand, an A, flush draw *most likely* or is slowplaying Broadway.) Think either CR or fold.

ScottieK
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM

I think I fold and get up before the river comes so I don't see it.

I think that your outs are severly discounted. a K or 8 of hearts can hurt you, Any other K can be a chop pot with another J. You can even be beat already and drawing dead.

I fold it.

LLL
Old 12-23-2005, 02:45 PM

I think this is a fold, however I'm not married to the idea.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:48 PM

It should be clear that fold &gt; raise and almost surely fold &gt; call because of the pot size, the possibility of drawing dead, drawing to a split and the dirty outs.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:51 PM

I'd fold. The 8's are good most of the time, but the K is going to lead to a chop a lot, and also lead to losing to a boat sometimes. Weak-tight players here have a lot of this board. You may even be drawing only to a chop if someone has KJ or something. Your odds are slim, and your implied odds aren't great either, both b/c a K puts a 4-straight out and b/c you'll lose some decent portion of the time you hit.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:53 AM

A pretty easy fold here, its a small pot, a lot of your outs are dirty and a check raise isnt going to fold two players that have already bet/called (even though they are weak) nearly enough times to be profitable.