Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 10:10 AM

Default mid limits at pokerroom. . .

So I just got the email that eurobet is now using pokerroom and some other terrible sounding sites as an interface. I quickly downloaded the software and maybe there was an error but no tables loaded, so what's the deal with this place? Decent games? What limits and what limits are regularly going full or short, etc? Does the software and speed facilitate multitabling, etc? Any general comments about whether this is a good or a bad thing?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: mid limits at pokerroom. . .

Well I play alot on Euro for the RB and the action has been good. Euro will be joining the Pokerroom network on Nov. 21 (on or about) so there should be even more action at that point. I'm wondering if they will keep PR's limits or add more to accomodate what the Euro players are used to. Pokerroom usually has a 25-50 game or two going which has been good in the past. 50-100 and 1-2 go sporadically. My guess is, with the Euro transition, there will be a lot of action, but only time will tell.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I play alot on Euro for the RB and the action has been good. Euro will be joining the Pokerroom network on Nov. 21 (on or about) so there should be even more action at that point. I'm wondering if they will keep PR's limits or add more to accomodate what the Euro players are used to. Pokerroom usually has a 25-50 game or two going which has been good in the past. 50-100 and 1-2 go sporadically. My guess is, with the Euro transition, there will be a lot of action, but only time will tell.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

will pokerace work at pokerroom?

nov. 21st huh? will i still have my black screen i got when i changed the image from eurobet or do i now have to deal w/ pokerroom graphics?

Barron
Old 11-17-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if they will keep PR's limits or add more to accomodate what the Euro players are used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was told by my affiliate that euro will conform to pokerrooms limits since it will be on the same platform. it was unclear whether pokerroom would be changing their platform.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:05 PM

i just dled pokerroom and they have midlimit 5max tables of 15/30 and 10/20. they also had 2 full tables of 25/50, one was full and the other 3 handed. hopefully they open up more tables after the merge.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:37 PM

I play at pokerroom (but not mid-high limit-holdem). The games you want to play are usually pretty sparsely attended, but in general the site's traffic seems to be picking up lately. Nothing like PP or PS though.

How many players will Eurobet bring?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM

Lots. I believe it will bring significantly more traffic to Pokerroom. I'm sorta excited for it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff
Old 11-17-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
will i still have my black screen i got when i changed the image from eurobet or do i now have to deal w/ pokerroom graphics?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom graphics since they use completely different software.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lots. I believe it will bring significantly more traffic to Pokerroom. I'm sorta excited for it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Lots like 10K at peak times? 20K? Doubling the size of the big tourney fields would be awesome.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:23 PM

Right now: 8,876 players on 1,178 players (not sure if that includes play money). Quick glance shows: Two 7-handed 100-200 games, one short and one full 50-100, one full 30-60, Ten 10-20 six maxes, one full 10-20, buncha low limit. And this isn't really peak time.

Jeff