Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-29-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Mid limit players at party.......

What offer(s) has party made to you during your phone call?
I'm not refering to the "r" word from affiliates but rather the offers that party has made to you. Please specify the limits and average hands played. I would like an indication so I know how to negotiate when I talk to party.

I was reading the the thread in the rakeback/affiliates forum and it seems like everyone is playing hardball with party and not getting anywhere. Some deals are pretty good though and it might just be worth it if it's endorsed by party and not have to go through hoops with affiliates.

Party emailed and called me several times and I've been lazy getting back to them. Mainly because I wanted to see what offers others are getting and what approach I should take. Should I be very nice and professional or play hardball and see if I can get a better deal?

I got this email from party which I find quite amusing...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Ken,

My colleague and I have tried to contact you on a number of occasions but have been unable to reach you.

I would really like to speak with your regarding the PartyPoker.com VIP Club, so I would be obliged if you could reply to this email with a contact telephone number and include the international dialing code I need to contact you. If you could also let me know of a convenient time to get in touch.

As soon as I have received this I will contact you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at vip@partypoker.com

Sinead
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amusing because it looks like a personal message and that he and his colleague have tried to reach me several times with a sense of urgency, usually it's always me trying to reach party with a question and never getting a response. It feels good to be wanted by party (probably after I dropped 23k in BJ to those bastards [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. )This is their second email to me after several calls. Shockingly coherent although there is a typo. It is also signed by the same person who emailed me the first time.

Nonetheless I've been playing quite a bit of hands lately. I'm curious as to what offers are people getting from players who multitable the 30/60s up to the 100/200.

I'm going to talk to them but I'm unsure about my approach. I'm sure they've heard the same thing over and over about crappy deals and players wanting more, but how do they treat their mid limit high volume players? I heard it may be just the same but some players get really bad deals and I highly doubt that they would make several attempts to reach me by both phone and email if I generated little MGR for them.

Another thing I considered is that I'm on a 2 week vacation from work starting today and I'd be able to put in huge amounts of hands in TeddyFBI style during this period. Would it be better to play an insane amount of hands first and then get in touch with them to get a better deal? I had an account and played virtually no hands with them with the majority on skins. But after the break, I played quite a bit on party.

I'm not too concerned about the few dollars that I'd probably lose from not getting in touch with them sooner as I'm looking for a permanent deal and it seems like they are serious in giving me a deal. I'll probably most likely end up disappointed though but I'm not expecting much. Hopefully they will offer me deal that will blow my tits away but I don't see that happening.

I'm just curious as to what other mid limit players were offered by party. I do not want to hear your rakeback deal. TIA.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Mid limit players at party.......

I've been offered nothing by party.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:32 AM

550 for 25k hands
Old 10-29-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

were you playing at party the whole time though? I think my situation is a little different. I just played tournys and hardly played any cash games on party prior to the split. After the break I played quite a number of hands.

I do generate substancial MGR for them and I wouldn't hesitate to leave at a moments notice once I get a good deal elsewhere.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:38 AM

maybe it's more blackjack inspired than poker. . . . . prob
Old 10-29-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe it's more blackjack inspired than poker. . . . . prob

[/ QUOTE ]

most likely [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My first post here ... been reading for about 6 months.

I haven't gotten an offer yet either. I'm playing about 30k hands/month, so I would have expected to have gotten one - especially since I did have a bonus offer for October.

I made several phone calls and what I think is going on is that I decreased the limit I was playing in October as so I won't get an offer - not that anyone at Party will say anything direct though. It does appear that the bonus offers from Party are set up so that you only get a bonus if you increase your action from the previous month.

So, BK, since you went back down to 30/60 this month, it's not surprising that you don't have an offer yet.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, BK, since you went back down to 30/60 this month, it's not surprising that you don't have an offer yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure BK was playing 8 tables of 30/60. I find it odd that they're no offers on the table. Makes me wonder what the criteria party uses to determine bonuses.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:54 PM

i got 790 for 9000 pts last month.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:58 PM

Check raise and lead the river