Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-01-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Bad beat or Bad play?

I was in a live tournament which was $65 buy in with rebuys for 3 rounds and one add on after the 3rd round. We were in the 6th round with blinds 500-1000. I am in cut off postion. UTG opens to 2500 ( I had a read on him to be frustrated, he had not been able to play many hands and I took his bet as to be weak. weak ace or small PP.) It gets folded to me with good ole' AKd. I have 10x the big blind so I decide to go all in. He thinks about it and calls. He had me covered for 2000. Sure enough he turns over 8's. The flop comes A75 rainbow, turn 4, river 8. My question is should I have just called and seen the flop or was it a good move to go all in. I probably could have gotten him to fold when the ace showed up, but he also couldve pushed all in UTG trying to bluff and i would have to call and still lose. But I could have also folded and picked a better place for ak. Bad Beat or Bad Play?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Bad beat or Bad play?

Wrong forum. Post in Multi-Table Tournaments.