Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: 10/25 and i have no idea what\'s going on in this hand

I told you I break late. It takes me a while to get into the live poker setting. There is no box telling you the size of the pot and how much you can bet. I just wasn't thinking, or rather, I was thinking too quickly since I had air, which resulted in such a quick bet, which if I thought for a second or two more, would have been at least double what it was.

Side note: Numerous people have now told me that I have mega bet tells live, namely the speed of my bets can be used to infer the strength of my hand. Most people have said when I just insta bet something on the end almost before the river card is out it's always a bluff, this was probably one of those situations. I really need to work on my live game.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:56 PM

well I would play AK/AQ exactly like this except probably bet more on the river. I don't think those hands are unlikely, but maybe I am crazy.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well I would play AK/AQ exactly like this except probably bet more on the river. I don't think those hands are unlikely, but maybe I am crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would too, but I for sure would have reraised pre which would have completely changed the hand. I might even check AK/AQ on the end to vanessa?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:00 PM

exactly. NO WAY does ari not isolate fishie fish who bets 75 preflop with ANY premium (or even not so premium) hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:02 PM

I wasn't sure if you would have rr preflop or not, I sometimes do sometimes don't. betting the river is maybe questionable but to be honest I do stuff like this all the time and you'd be surprised. not to be results oriented, but in this situation it would have been an excellent bet.

--turnipmonster
Old 11-22-2005, 06:05 PM

I really promise I am not being results oriented again, but while I certainly can't argue with reraising pf we did get you in with AJo by not rring [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. if bad players are in the blinds I think not rring is fine.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:16 PM

Hmm, I've started adopting the deep stacks fishy loose passive game always reraise preflop with AK/AQ. I'd rather play a $500 pot heads up than 5 way. Plus I've started to realize that the more money I put in on earlier streets, the easier the later streets become. Does this make sense?

PS: Duck, when are you going to post the hand where I turn quads and almost bust your ass? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 06:45 PM

As played with no physical read you call, natch. Most of the time you lose.