Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Commerce $4/$8 LHE-Lagfest

Just got back from Commerce tonight. It was a pretty long session and I only have about $9 to show for it.

I took a shot at the $4/$8 game. Usually I play the 2/4 just because I don't have the roll for 4/8, but I just figured I'd give it a whiff. At one point I was up almost $130(I know, chump change, limited sample size, etc.) and I felt pretty comfortable at this level. These players really didn't seem much better than the .5/.10 players on Stars- ok maybe .25/.50 but I remember someone saying the 4/8 plays like .50/1 on Party. If so, I need to get there!

Could have made a lot more, if I got some cards. Played very very tight, to the aggravation of many players. A few made comments about my lack of playing. I just kept folding A5o UTG lol.

After my stack dwindled to my buy-in I headed over to the 2/4 for a couple hours. These games were like night and day as far as passiveness and aggresiveness goes, but the 2/4 did have it's moments. I got VERY close to getting the jackpot- I had A2 in the BB, 3 aces came and some guy had pocket 7s. Unfortunately my 2 didn't play. That was the second time that night I got 4 of a kind. The first time I folded K9 preflop to a raise(they raised probably 90% of the pots preflop at the 4/8 table I was sitting at) and the flop came 999. When I think back on it I was getting odds to call, but I think I got scared of how much money I had been putting in after a while, and starting limiting my losses. Big mistake.

Can't wait till I have enough money to play in this 4/8 pretty regular. I know you can make more money online, but sometimes it's fun to get out there and drag a few pots.