Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Turned the nuts, villain likes his hand

I like calling here too, but what do people do if the board pairs on the end?

Call an all-in? Bet if checked to? Check behind?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like calling here too, but what do people do if the board pairs on the end?

Call an all-in? Bet if checked to? Check behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of God, RAISE THE TURN. You have the nuts. You want to play for a big pot. Your opponent is acting like he wants to put money into this pot. I repeat, RAISE THE TURN. Raise as much as you think he'll likely call, but RAISE THE TURN. You have the nuts. More money=good thing.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:42 PM

Did I mention that Villain wants to put more money into this pot? OBLIGE HIM, RAISE THE TURN. I mean honestly, I don't see any justification for just calling against a Villain who has reraised the turn and Hero is looking at the absolute nuts. In all seriousness, there is absolutely zero reason to not raise here. Raise small if need be, but raise. Raise. Raise. Raise.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:03 PM

Default RESULTS

i just called, turn was an A, villain check/folded with T9... sucks.

i just called because i put him on some sort of two pair that wasn't aces up (i think he raises preflop or bets the flop w/ an ace there, or at least to me it just seemed like he didn't have one) and i thought he would release it to more pressure. then again he's an idiot so maybe another donk reraise like twp suggested, 40 more would commit him on the river. still, if the river is anything that doesn't pair the board, he leads big and i think i get the rest of his stack, so i'm not unpleased with the play despite the results. i'm glad some agree.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did I mention that Villain wants to put more money into this pot? OBLIGE HIM, RAISE THE TURN. I mean honestly, I don't see any justification for just calling against a Villain who has reraised the turn and Hero is looking at the absolute nuts. In all seriousness, there is absolutely zero reason to not raise here. Raise small if need be, but raise. Raise. Raise. Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is Villain going to call with if we raise his bet on the turn, after checking the flop, and re-re-raise yet again his 3-bet? A set, the straight, and top 2, maybe. He says he likes to make big folds, well, he can easily fold with any weak 2-pair with a push/big raise over his 3-bet. I really think he folds with any 2-pair without the ace if you put in another bet.

If you flat call, Villain takes it as weakness, as I'm sure the OP has been showing an aggressive weakness. Any blank on the river, he will most likely fire out again. If he isn't firing out again, he will call a near pot-sized bet. Any 2-pair has only 4 outs, and I don't see him pushing/betting huge if the board pairs and it's not one of his 2-pair cards, especially if he doesn't have the A paired. A blank falls, you get his stack.