Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Continuation bets

Playing online in a MTT made a raise in MP with 10/10 and got one caller. Flop came 4 J 7 rainbow. Caller was first to act and checked. I made a bet of half the pot and he called. Turn was another rag and he checked so I made another bet and he raised. I folded.

Few hands later in the SB I had QQ and raised 4x bb and same person called me again. An A came on the flop and I checked and he bet to which I folded.

Was my bet on the turn in the 1st hand correct or should I have checked also?

Second with the A on the flop holding QQ and first to act should I make a bet or is checking the smarter approach?

Thank you in advance for your input. If I played these hands like a bonehead constructive criticism is welcomed.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Continuation bets

on the 1st hand you were probably beat...

on the 2nd hand you didn't buy enough information to figure out if you were beat. a bet on the flop would have eliminated a worst hand bluffing at you most of the time, but you took a conservative approach... it was a style choice imo.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:56 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Continuation bets

Stack sizes and bet amounts are needed for a more thorough analysis. But assuming healthy stacks, you should bet both flops. By check-folding, you're just letting him have the pot with a bet without defining his or your hand at all.