Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 PM

Default UltimateBet WPT Championship seats 150,000 UPs

Man I was excited about this offer when I first got it, then I saw the schedule for getting UPs. I remember when it used to be like 1.5 pts for a $3/raked hands plus you'd get double for starting the table. They almost got me back playing cash games there, until I played for 3 hours and got like 220 points. Meh.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: UltimateBet WPT Championship seats 150,000 UPs

You could play at the UB point tables, but you'd make more in terms of real value playing ring games.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:02 PM

Again, UB point tables don't count. You have to actually earn the points by playing real money ring games and tournaments. You're looking at a minimum of 300,000 raked hands between now and April.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:27 PM

technically a little less than 300,000 if you start tables....too bad the $215 sit and go's aren't as healthy as they are on Party on Stars. By far the easiest way to get the points...
Old 12-06-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, UB point tables don't count. You have to actually earn the points by playing real money ring games and tournaments. You're looking at a minimum of 300,000 raked hands between now and April.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is quite right...the bonus points for starting a table count in the promo, so that should mean you need a minimum of 240K raked hands. But that requires starting all of your tables and likely reducing your raked-hand-percentage.

Acme
Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM

I'm thinking that if you can 3-table (their max number of tables still) the 6-max at 3/6 or higher then you can earn perhaps up to 200 points per hour (maybe...that's probably a stretch).

This would be 750 hours of play to get to 150k points (8 weeks of 90+ hours per week perhaps...OUCH).

Prize package is $28k.... divided by 750 hours = $37/hr which isn't bad (especially if you already have rake-back there or left-over bonuses to clear)

...but this, of course, assumes that you actually are one of the first 10 players to get there.....you get some value for getting 'close' because of the freeroll...but obviously that's not what you're playing for.

I started on it yesterday just to see how it goes. I'm at 1500 points now....not sure if I'm going to go all the way with this thing though.
Hoping they post standings at some point to see if I have a shot.

If it looks like I cant get there just by playing 1k to 1500 points per day then I might.
But if i'm a million-miles back in the standings (assuing they post these at some point) then I'm certainly not going to kill myself trying to get there.

On top of everything else...my massive down-swing (also known as crappy-play) has followed me to UB and I need to think in terms of what is best for my bankroll.

Still continuing to see how it goes though.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:12 PM

how do they award points for the SNGs?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:37 PM

Hey Microbob,
Good luck with the project. I'd enjoy reading about your progress, so be sure to post updates.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:54 PM

i'll definitely post progress reports if I go through with it.

right now it's way too prelimninary for any of that...I think there is much less than a 50% chance that I will actually go all the way with it.
There's probably barely a 50% chance that I'll still be with this by the end of the week.
So don't count on much.

last Feb I played about 20k hands in 4 days (4-tabling the 10/20 6-max) to be on of the first 20 players to earn 30k points that week and win entry aboard the PPM cruise ($10k buy-in tourney).
It was a lot of work for those 4 days where I barely slept....but the cruise was fantastic and it is was DEFINITELY worth it (the GF probably loved it more than I did even though it was a poker-cruise).

In my first live tourney I placed 177th out of 735 to barely make it to the money (won $5200).

Also - he's not tooting his own horn...but I think this Bellagio WPT-championship tourney is the one where GotMilk finished 4th a couple yrs ago for a really impressive pay-day. Little wonder why he's interested in returning.

As it happens...this Bellagio tourney is taking place at a time where I was going to be heading to Vegas anyway so we already had our calendars marked.
GF hsd never been...but wants to go that week because of a national nurses conference taking place (as well as to see Vegas).
Old 12-07-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do they award points for the SNGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

6 per $1 of fee