Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 12:47 AM

Default caros book of tells

has anyone read this book .. and do they find his ideas to work well in games.. i found it to be a little flimsy ...does anyone have any experience with using tells like the ones in his book ... id like to hear anyones opinions
Old 12-01-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: caros book of tells

i have read the book, however i havent had a good chance to use it yet; i dont play B&M as much as i used to. alot of it is obvious, but its somewhat useful.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:50 AM

Read it. Useful for use against people that really don't know what they'e doing, but it's really just a good jumping off point to better tells.

Welcome back Jordie.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:46 AM

i think the general ideas are pretty good. strong=weak and weak=strong holds true most of the time. is he acting or not is also a critical thing to determine.

as far as hold'em goes i think the single most valuable piece of advice was to look at your opponenets while the flop cards are being dealt. almost everybody looks at the cards as they hit the table.... if they just give a blank stare they didn't connect, but if they did connect they almost always look down at their chips. that's a very general but very reliable tell of strength.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:58 AM

I think it was worth the 20-30$ or whatever it cost.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:09 PM

I thought it was funny once when I saw an interview with Doyle Brunson before he was about to play in a tournament with Caro. Brunson goes "I don't think he has any tells". Later on I see a commercial for Caro's DVD and Brunson gives an endorsment like "I wouldn't be where I am without Mike Caro's book of tells"
Old 12-01-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was funny once when I saw an interview with Doyle Brunson before he was about to play in a tournament with Caro. Brunson goes "I don't think he has any tells". Later on I see a commercial for Caro's DVD and Brunson gives an endorsment like "I wouldn't be where I am without Mike Caro's book of tells"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course not, how could he be in a studio endorsing the Book of Tells if it didn't exist.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:24 PM

I have got my moneys worth from it.

Usefull also if you know or have a pretty good idea that someone has read the book, so you can do the opposite.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Usefull also if you know or have a pretty good idea that someone has read the book, so you can do the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] that is what i did lol. when i first started out playing, a couple of my buddies could read me like a damn book [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] now ive changed so much they have no idea what to think [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 11:33 PM

Bought it, read it, studied it and re-read it. Valuable book if you take it for what it is, another tool for your arsenal. Just by reading it, you are improving your game over the next guy/gal. I found the book very informative, especially with the DVD. Some of the still life pix in the book look overdramatized, mainly for effect of print, but it gets the point accross. I have used it aminly as a "what not to do" guide and have learned from it that no matter what my hand, no matter what the bet, no matter what is going on, you MUST pay attention to the guy/gal accross the felt and all of their LITTLE mannerisms (like chip stacking, for example) and to maintain my OWN table behavior consistently. Anyway, a long rant to say good book, use it as a tool though.