Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-25-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: 10/20 SB Hand 2

My beef with this post is that you are authoritatively posting wildly inaccurate information. If you are going to post advice this bad, at least throw in some phrases like "i think" or "in my opinion."

We aren't being wiseasses, your advice is horrible. If you were this wrong and not being so cocky about it, people might be more apt to help you get things right.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would normally be glad to discuss the hand with you; but I have found there are far too many wiseass's such as yourself in this forum for it to be to my liking

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with forum wiseasses. Your advice is consistently terrible. I hope you are true to your word about not posting.

[/ QUOTE ]
It most certainly does have to do with wiseasses, 7online. Why would I want to associate with an obnoxious person such as yourself and that other guy I replied to above. If I was with you in person, I would bitch slap you, tell you to go f'k yourself, or just walk away from you.

If you were the last person on earth to talk about poker with, I would not associate with you if you talked to me like that. I don't want to put up with your posted insults, regardless of how much you know about poker. I prefer not to associate with people like you. Get it?
Old 12-25-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It most certainly does have to do with wiseasses, 7online. Why would I want to associate with an obnoxious person such as yourself and that other guy I replied to above. If I was with you in person, I would bitch slap you, tell you to go f'k yourself, or just walk away from you.

If you were the last person on earth to talk about poker with, I would not associate with you if you talked to me like that. I don't want to put up with your posted insults, regardless of how much you know about poker. I prefer not to associate with people like you. Get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like an impressive guy. Wouldn't want to meet you in real life lest I get bitch-slapped. You don't want to associate with me, fine. Stop posting like you said you would. Not that it matters, but I don't recall posting anything about you personally. I have no idea who you are, and I don't care; your posts on this board ARE terrible.

Whatever, I'm done replying to this troll.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:07 PM

I see you decided not to take my advice tom [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see you decided not to take my advice tom [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi DMB, I can't specifically remember offhand what your advice was, but if people would stop responding to my post, in particular with insulting and/or otherwise deragatory wisecracks attached, I will discontinue posting in this thread and probably in this whole forum for a while.

But here's an alternative idea I just got. If I get any more responses with an implied or overt nasty tone to it, I might change my mind and make this my new home. And I've been being nice so far. If that happens, you might get to see me when I lose my patience. Lets see if any more poker smart but socially inept computer jockeys want to push my buttons.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:19 PM

here

also, pot kettle black with the socially inept part, I think. it sucks they're being so harsh with their criticism of your posts, but youre stooping instead of using it to get better. but hey youre free to do whatever.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:05 AM

i know everyone on this thread hates each other and their mother, but can we please not flame in my thread :P. I'm feeling guilty cuz its the holiday season! Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I get any more responses with an implied or overt nasty tone to it, I might change my mind and make this my new home. And I've been being nice so far. If that happens, you might get to see me when I lose my patience. Lets see if any more poker smart but socially inept computer jockeys want to push my buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not nice to threaten a whole forum because you didn't like a few responses.

I will be as diplomatic as possible (not a wiseass and not nasty) because I don't want to see you lose your patience or your account.

The advice you've given in this thread and in Drontier's hand #3 is only right if there were no pot in the middle of the table. In that case, if we're less than 50% to have the best hand, then folding is correct. You don't seem to understand the concept of pot odds. 3-betting preflop with a hand like AK and check/folding a rag flop, leaving behind 7 bets, is just wrong. The players contesting your advice are VERY GOOD players. They understand what hands are worth in relation to the pot.

For example, if someone came by the table with a suitcase and dumped $1,000,000 into the pot, would you still suggest check/folding as a default? How about $10,000? or $100? There has to be a threshold at which you would see the value of betting, calling or raising. The rest of us see that threshold at much less than 7 small bets and that is why we think it's absolutely ridiculous to check/fold after 3-betting with any hand at all.