Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: You know you\'re a child of the 60\'s when ...

Mom, I know you are lonely since Dad took off with that 24 year old, but I would really appreciate it if you gave me a little space and wasn't involved in everything I did. You don't even play poker, so why are you posting on here.

love,

craig

p.s. Yes, I will come over tomorrow and clean the garage.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You got laid during the Original Summer of Love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm Not only did I get laid during the original Summer oif Love, I got married. I hung out in the Haight and ate dinner with the Hell's Angels at Robbie's on Telegraph in Berkeley. Lets's just say that their dinner conversation was less than gentlemanly. I was watching the California primary returns in California when Bobby Kennedy was shot. I remember the murders of Bobo Till and Schwerner, Goodman, and Cheney. Not so seriously, I was watching when Dick Clark did his very first Bandstand (it wasn't yet American Bandstand)--he was pressed into service when the guy who had the gig was busted for pimping the little girls from West Catholic High who danced on the show. My husband and I debated going to Woodstock--and didn't. He got gassed on the steps of the Pentagon and lived in a nudist commune in California. And we smoked a lot of dope.....

The 50s and 60s were interesting times to be young--and not because of the crappy sitcoms on the tube.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dudette, true that. You prolly remember "Winky Dink and You" though, the first interactive TV show. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My older sisters danced on Bandstand, but they were Camden Catholic ho's. Was in biology class when JFK went down. I wanted to do the Woodstock thing but the army wouldn't let me leave, most of my draft-dodging buddies made the trip. I think I grew up in the best of times, like everyone should.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mom, I know you are lonely since Dad took off with that 24 year old, but I would really appreciate it if you gave me a little space and wasn't involved in everything I did. You don't even play poker, so why are you posting on here.

love,

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you got the wrong mom. I'm the one who ran off--with a younger guy....
Old 12-02-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

love,

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you got the wrong mom. I'm the one who ran off--with a younger guy....

[/ QUOTE ]

My response was to my mom Cincy Lady, not you. But, I can understand the confusion.

craig
Old 12-02-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 50s and 60s were interesting times to be young--and not because of the crappy sitcoms on the tube.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in grade school during the 60's. No offense, but even at a young age I thought hippies were dirty and to be avoided...

Some of us were living in the Leave it to Beaver world for real...
Old 12-02-2005, 10:58 PM

I remember being afraid of hippies; because we lived in Chicagoland, and seeing a hippy meant there was going to be a

riot.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in grade school during the 60's. No offense, but even at a young age I thought hippies were dirty and to be avoided...

Some of us were living in the Leave it to Beaver world for real...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't a hippie and I wasn't dirty. But we were all involved in the civil rights movement and the anti-war movement, and we thought we were going to change the world, and we did--just a bit. And in the post-pill, pre-AIDS era of the 60s, we really did make love, not war.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:13 PM

I was born in '64 and I don't remember any of that [censored].
Old 12-03-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't a hippie and I wasn't dirty. But we were all involved in the civil rights movement and the anti-war movement, and we thought we were going to change the world, and we did--just a bit. And in the post-pill, pre-AIDS era of the 60s, we really did make love, not war.

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to Clay/Ali speak out against the war in nam and understood what he was saying.

You guys spoke your mind, which is great. You broke down some social barriers and stigmas.

But most of you sold out what few ideals you had and went to wall street, silicon valley or wherever. Nuttin wrong with makin dough, but (not speaking to you necessarily) I hope people of your age don't fly their flag of ideals to high.

I don't have any ideals. I don't think people have changed in 12000 years. There are always people with lust for power and money and will do whatever it takes to keep it and obtain more, including sending their own people off to unjust wars or instituting genocide.

Marching didn't do shjt. There's only three alternatives. Revolution. Mass sit-ins ala Ghandi (involving the whole country--not just a bunch of flower powers). Or you just live each day as best you can.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:24 AM

You are named after a flower.
You think you were just experimenting. (Kids now know they are fcking themselves up)
You believe in the good side of humanity.
You think Bob Dylan sings great.
Closed Thread