Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: I suck at closing

One mentioned she wanted to get high, somehow I couldn't get the whole thing out that I had a joint at the house etc. etc

Dear god man. That's not 'not closing' that's not showing up to play.

Girl: "I want to get high."
You: "I have some weed at my place."
Old 12-29-2005, 07:58 PM

i know, i suck. what can i say.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:01 PM

i know, i suck. what can i say.

Can you say "I have some weed at my place?" or "You wanna go out sometime?" or "You wanna get outta here?" Cause if you're actually hitting it off with these girls, it doesn't take much more than that.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 PM

i more tend to run out of time and then its late, im drunk and [censored] ends up wrong.
I should be able to say that [censored], and hopefully i will tonight if this hangover ever goes away.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily for the "lets go hook up" maneuvre but just the lets chill since the bar is closing.

[/ QUOTE ]

"hey the bar is closing, but there's a party at my place."
Old 12-30-2005, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"hey the bar is closing, but there's a party in my pants."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 PM

My advice (not the i'm the master or anything) is to get things warmed up at the bar BEFORE putting in the bid for her to leave with you. If you're a good dancer, play that angle. Keep the liquor flowing but dont get her wasted. Something as innocent as a hand on her shoulder for a 3-count can go a long way if she's interested.

This all depends on the girl by the way. If she's the party-chick type, and she's spent more than 10-15 minutes talking to you, the door is open and all you have to do is say "let's get out of here." If it's the girlfriend, bring-her-home-to-meet-parents type, she isnt going to do much with you on the first night anyway. Better way to play those types is to ask them out on an actual dinner date, get their number, and call them 48 hours later to follow up on it.

So, to summarize:

Party chick: keep the booze flowing, make a clear cut move in the bar. If she responds positively, you're in. If not, move on to the next party girl. If there are none left, call it a night and go home.

Mom and Dad type: spend the evening talking to her. Act interested in everything she has to say. Make it seem like you have the same interests. At the end of the night, ask her if she'd like to have dinner.

If she's somewhere in between, then i would suggest mixing the two methods. I'm married now, so maybe my methodology is a bit dated, but it worked when i was in college 10 yrs ago. Then again, i wasnt exactly bringing home Angelina Jolie look-alikes. I was much more of a quantity guy than a quality guy, for better or for worse.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM

"Hey, yo, afterbars are at my joint, dont know whos comming for sure, but you can ride with me if you want."

If you cant memorize what I just typed, just write it on your forearm, and cheat.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 PM

quids,

What about when he wants to pick up chicks someplace other than Jersey or Compton?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
quids,

What about when he wants to pick up chicks someplace other than Jersey or Compton?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you can drop the hey, yo, and just say,

"afterbars are in my WASP-parents, mahogany covered study, if you would like to join us for petit-fours, and triangular sanwhiches with their crusts cut off, Id be more than pleased."