Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 02:40 AM

Default ULTIMATE BET ALLOWED TOURNAMENT CHEATING

My name is Ricco Pollan. I want to make this clear before I post this very important thread.....I really like UB, and it WAS my favorite site to play for both real money and play chips. I am still trying to get this straightened out, but it has become obvious that UB is not willing to refund the real money tourney players who were cheated. I am including emails that UB sent to me that completely contredict themselves, making me believe that they condone such cheating................this really hurts me to do this, but you HAVE to know what is going on.

Anyone who plays at UB knows that they have been having server troubles for the past two weeks or so. They have put in a new tournament software that was only tested once before it was put into place for all to use. They actually held 5 practice tournaments........but all at once.

Here goes..........I played in 4 tournaments in the past 24 hours and they were ALL cheated in. UB has a glitch that for some reason allowed players to "rebuy" chips WELL AFTER the 1 hour rebuy period. This means that you could go "all in" as much as you wanted to gain a huge lead in chips and not have to worry about being busted out of the tourney. Here is where the problem starts.......not EVERYBODY knew about this glitch. Hundreds of us simply left the game (like you are supposed to do)when we ran out of chips. We had NO idea that we could simply hit the "rebuy" button as many times as we wanted to. however........SOME people knew about this glitch......probobly players who participated in the trial tournaments.

I know for a fact (because players told me)that several players rebought chips at the FINAL table several times and ended up placing in the money winners......THAT IS CHEATING.....PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

I decided to watch really closely in the next two tournaments to see it for myself..........low and behold...I saw it happening right and left.......obviously the word was getting around. But I am no cheater....so I reported it "on the spot".....and UB replies with "you must be mistaken".........but we will refund your entry fee for one tourney ONLY. Keep in mind, that does NOT include the rebuys that I made during the first hour when you can legally rebuy. I was furious. So I decided to prove it to them once and for all by doing it myself and reporting it as I was doing it. So, I made the final table at the 5:30 Feed 500+30 Satellite last night. I finished 7th.........BUT I DID NOT LEAVE THE TABLE THIS TIME........I rebought......and rebought......and rebought....until I rebought $32,000.00 in chips, which made me chip leader technically. I imediately reported to customer service what I was doing, and I stayed in the tournament. BUT........I NEVER bet on a single hand, I folded every one, and even showed the cards to the other players..........AA, JJ, AK suited.......the great cards just seemed to keep coming. I was sick at my stomach watching great cards get flushed down the toilet like that, but I wanted to do the right thing. I informed the final table players what I was doing, and they insisted that I continue to do so until a moderator (referee, whatever you want to call it)showed up to resolve this problem. Players started wondering if there were cheaters sitting right there at the final table.

BTW, the rebuys didn't always show up in the "chat box" either. I have already figured out how someone can easily pad their chips...........when you are switched to another table and you have less than 1000 chips....it asks you to click an "OK" button before you transfer. Well, if you simply click "get more chips" before you agree to transfer........you end up with almost 2000 chips when you reach the new table. TELL ME THAT'S NOT CHEATING.

OK, here is where UB comes in. I thought "surely" UB does not know about this. That's why I rebought all those chips (which I was charged $5 for each rebuy....do the math), so I could finally prove to them that it was certainly going on, and the integrity of the tournaments had been compromised. Here is the first thing that they emailed me:

Hello,

I have credited your account with $9 which was the amount you invested in Tourn 21749,which was the only one having this glitch you are referring to.

Feel free to contact us for any further information.

Best regards,
Glenn
Customer Service Department

You can clearly see that UB says that it was an "ISOLATED INCIDENT", and I was refunded. Well, I thought........"great, it's taken care of"........WRONG. That was done just before the 4th tournament I entered. When I saw for myself that it was still being done, and obviously was being done all day long......I emailed them again WHILE I was doing all those illegal rebuys. Here is the next email sent to me:

Dear RICHARD POLLAN ,

We are sorry.
We are fully aware there was an unusual occurrence with this tourney.
The situation in question was that the tourney gave the option to every single player to rebuy after the rebuy period was over.
Since EVERY player had the chance to make rebuys after the rebuy period not a single player was given an unfair advantage over any other player.

Unfortunately we can not and will not refund your account for funds you did use to play nor will we grant you an entry to another tournament

Waleska

OK......WHICH IS IT......AN ISOLATED INCEDENT OR "EVERYBODY KNEW" AND IT WAS ALWAYS HAPPENING?????????

AND THEY KICKED ME OUT??? FOR BEING HONEST????

THIS time, they insist that EVERYBODY had the "CHANCE TO CHEAT".........so it was OK. Do you believe this? I CERTAINLY did not know about it inthe first three tourneys until the Final table in the 3rd one...........so I was cheated because I could have rebought and won the darned thing, just like hundreds of others could have........only one thing......we all knew it was CHEATING.

I asked all over the website if anybody knew they could rebuy all the way to the final table........of course the answer was NO, and now a lot of honest players are angry.....and insulted that UB would suggeat that they would have cheated if they had known about it.

Please reply to this post. I have been kicked out of UB because I told people about the rebuy glitch.........PLUS.......they kept all my money........that's right....they stole my money.

They will not even let me in to transfer a lousy $3 that is still in my account. UB does not want to have to refund hundreds of honest players who had no idea what was going on, and wanted to shut me up, and sweep this whole thing under the rug. That is what brought me here.

I have rejoined UB under another screename on my laptop with a Proxy between me and them so I can tell others about this crap.

R. E POLLAN/CEO
SKYNET ENTERPRISES
Old 09-29-2004, 03:21 AM

Default Re: ULTIMATE BET ALLOWED TOURNAMENT CHEATING

I wish you had picked a less hectic time on the board to post this, but I am dumbfounded by this.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:40 AM

I am too, brother, I am too.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:50 AM

jesus, thats scummy, I hope they make it right... I will never be playing at Ultimate Bet, thanks for the heads up
Old 09-29-2004, 06:56 AM

I wouldn't be making "no UB, ever!" my creed based on this fishy story. I'm not saying it's a lie, but it sounds funny, and we might be missing out on some details here.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:17 AM

Is UB sending in trouble makers now, or are you on the level? Here is a list of the Players at the table that I bought $32,000 chips at:

boyD25........winemo.......lelli.........JKMIZZOY. ....chanster2......and jacknife. Go ask them for yourself.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:38 AM

Thanks for the heads up..I now have 2 sites I will not play at..UB and Empire..2 in 1 night aint bad..

what is wrong with these places customer service?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:45 AM

does your rebuy $$ after the time is up go into the pool or does it magically disapear?

If it doesnt go into the pool then eventually you wont rebuy because even 1st wont get you even. If it does go into the pool there would be no reason to stop rebuying, just hope everyone else goes to bed first.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:02 AM

I believe into the pool
Old 09-29-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Bye Bye Ultimate Bet!

[ QUOTE ]
My name is Ricco Pollan. I want to make this clear before I post this very important thread.....I really like UB, and it WAS my favorite site to play for both real money and play chips. I am still trying to get this straightened out, but it has become obvious that UB is not willing to refund the real money tourney players who were cheated. I am including emails that UB sent to me that completely contredict themselves, making me believe that they condone such cheating................this really hurts me to do this, but you HAVE to know what is going on.

Anyone who plays at UB knows that they have been having server troubles for the past two weeks or so. They have put in a new tournament software that was only tested once before it was put into place for all to use. They actually held 5 practice tournaments........but all at once.

Here goes..........I played in 4 tournaments in the past 24 hours and they were ALL cheated in. UB has a glitch that for some reason allowed players to "rebuy" chips WELL AFTER the 1 hour rebuy period. This means that you could go "all in" as much as you wanted to gain a huge lead in chips and not have to worry about being busted out of the tourney. Here is where the problem starts.......not EVERYBODY knew about this glitch. Hundreds of us simply left the game (like you are supposed to do)when we ran out of chips. We had NO idea that we could simply hit the "rebuy" button as many times as we wanted to. however........SOME people knew about this glitch......probobly players who participated in the trial tournaments.

I know for a fact (because players told me)that several players rebought chips at the FINAL table several times and ended up placing in the money winners......THAT IS CHEATING.....PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

I decided to watch really closely in the next two tournaments to see it for myself..........low and behold...I saw it happening right and left.......obviously the word was getting around. But I am no cheater....so I reported it "on the spot".....and UB replies with "you must be mistaken".........but we will refund your entry fee for one tourney ONLY. Keep in mind, that does NOT include the rebuys that I made during the first hour when you can legally rebuy. I was furious. So I decided to prove it to them once and for all by doing it myself and reporting it as I was doing it. So, I made the final table at the 5:30 Feed 500+30 Satellite last night. I finished 7th.........BUT I DID NOT LEAVE THE TABLE THIS TIME........I rebought......and rebought......and rebought....until I rebought $32,000.00 in chips, which made me chip leader technically. I imediately reported to customer service what I was doing, and I stayed in the tournament. BUT........I NEVER bet on a single hand, I folded every one, and even showed the cards to the other players..........AA, JJ, AK suited.......the great cards just seemed to keep coming. I was sick at my stomach watching great cards get flushed down the toilet like that, but I wanted to do the right thing. I informed the final table players what I was doing, and they insisted that I continue to do so until a moderator (referee, whatever you want to call it)showed up to resolve this problem. Players started wondering if there were cheaters sitting right there at the final table.

BTW, the rebuys didn't always show up in the "chat box" either. I have already figured out how someone can easily pad their chips...........when you are switched to another table and you have less than 1000 chips....it asks you to click an "OK" button before you transfer. Well, if you simply click "get more chips" before you agree to transfer........you end up with almost 2000 chips when you reach the new table. TELL ME THAT'S NOT CHEATING.

OK, here is where UB comes in. I thought "surely" UB does not know about this. That's why I rebought all those chips (which I was charged $5 for each rebuy....do the math), so I could finally prove to them that it was certainly going on, and the integrity of the tournaments had been compromised. Here is the first thing that they emailed me:

Hello,

I have credited your account with $9 which was the amount you invested in Tourn 21749,which was the only one having this glitch you are referring to.

Feel free to contact us for any further information.

Best regards,
Glenn

You can clearly see that UB says that it was an "ISOLATED INCIDENT", and I was refunded. Well, I thought........"great, it's taken care of"........WRONG. That was done just before the 4th tournament I entered. When I saw for myself that it was still being done, and obviously was being done all day long......I emailed them again WHILE I was doing all those illegal rebuys. Here is the next email sent to me:

Dear RICHARD POLLAN ,

We are sorry.
We are fully aware there was an unusual occurrence with this tourney.
The situation in question was that the tourney gave the option to every single player to rebuy after the rebuy period was over.
Since EVERY player had the chance to make rebuys after the rebuy period not a single player was given an unfair advantage over any other player.

Unfortunately we can not and will not refund your account for funds you did use to play nor will we grant you an entry to another tournament

Waleska

OK......WHICH IS IT......AN ISOLATED INCEDENT OR "EVERYBODY KNEW" AND IT WAS ALWAYS HAPPENING?????????

AND THEY KICKED ME OUT??? FOR BEING HONEST????

THIS time, they insist that EVERYBODY had the "CHANCE TO CHEAT".........so it was OK. Do you believe this? I CERTAINLY did not know about it inthe first three tourneys until the Final table in the 3rd one...........so I was cheated because I could have rebought and won the darned thing, just like hundreds of others could have........only one thing......we all knew it was CHEATING.

I asked all over the website if anybody knew they could rebuy all the way to the final table........of course the answer was NO, and now a lot of honest players are angry.....and insulted that UB would suggeat that they would have cheated if they had known about it.

Please reply to this post. I have been kicked out of UB because I told people about the rebuy glitch.........PLUS.......they kept all my money........that's right....they stole my money.

They will not even let me in to transfer a lousy $3 that is still in my account. UB does not want to have to refund hundreds of honest players who had no idea what was going on, and wanted to shut me up, and sweep this whole thing under the rug. That is what brought me here.

I have rejoined UB under another screename on my laptop with a Proxy between me and them so I can tell others about this crap.

R. E POLLAN/CEO
SKYNET ENTERPRISES

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is really low. If I hadn't already given up on Ultimate Bet this would sure be reason too. Has Ultimate Bet just lost their ever loving mind - or did they never have one to begin with?