Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Disagreement with a dealer lol, how do you handle this?

so i'm playing at the 1-3 Excalibur poker table, having a good time, not really there to make money because it's so random, case in point, hero max raises preflop with AA and gets 5 or 6 callers...hero somehow pulls off a win with a straight draw on the board AND paired up on the board!! another time i preflop raised with TT in the hole, the entire 10 person table called.

For those that are not familiar with the 1-3 game, there is a single blind of $1 each hand. I was on the blind and there were 4 limpers, I opt to check with A7o.

The flop gives me nothing at all, so I extend my arm, elbow at a 90 degree angle and i motion and point to the next player, indicating a pass. I was sitting back in my chair and it was more comfortable to do so and i had been doing so all night and nobody complained. the dealer gave me a look of absolute disgust as the next 2 players checked and the entire table checked the board. next card! big blank, i knew if i bet out, 2 or 3 would call with bottom pair and i would have to catch an ace or a 7 on the river to win, whatever i'll check..same motion to the next player, next player checks next player goes for chips and i notice the dealer is STILL giving me that look that says "you are a xxxxing idiot!" he says "you have to say check or knock the table, none of this." then he started flailing both arms in the air and said "i don't know what any of this means." he was totally unprofessional, mocked me and pissed me off.

one player bet, and i fired my cards into the muck. the dealer grabs my cards, turns them over and says "Ace of Spades and 7 of Hearts exposed!"

I respond with "Excuse me, what are you doing?"

Dealer: "You exposed your cards, you flipped them over for the entire table to see."

Me: "No that is not true, I folded my cards face down."

Dealer: "No you flipped them over and pushed your cards to the middle."

WOW WOW WOW What a xxxx! I waited about 10 minutes before talking with the poker room manager and he relocated me and told me he would talk with the dealer. Not sure any other way I could have handled it but man...what a xxxx. Fortunately this has been my only negative experience with a dealer during my 1 week stay here in Vegas.