Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Did I tilt myself into a monster pot? Posting results.

1/2 NL 3 handed online. I am going to post the results as I don't think that this hand requires too much thought. Loose Agg Villian has pretty much been beating up on me the last 50 hands or so. I haven't caught anything more than a couple of small pots that I was able to steal. Only pair that I have seen in the last 20 flops was KK that was my starting hand and was beaten when he turned trips after calling a potsized bet with bottom pair on the flop. He has doubled the BB on almost every hand we had played. Also he has semibluffed every STr8 and Flush draw with potsized bets. This will come into play later.

Villian 2 is new to the game (20 hands) and seems kinda donkish and overplays his good hands. He and loose Agg have tied up a couple of times without me being in the pot. (remember, I had seen nothing)

At this point I am getting pretty frustrated at the whole thing. I started by winning $250 early but am now down around -$150 for the night. I am close to my self imposed rule of -$250 and done for the day. Just looking to hit a hand and go from there. I know I will get action from these two.

This hand happened with me UTG ($170), Villian 2 in SB ($173) and Loose Agg Villian in BB ($200).

HERO calls $2 with (7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], V2 raises to $6, LAgg calls $6 and HERO calls $6.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
V2 bets $2, LAgg raises to $15, HERO calls $15- I KNOW that LAgg is on a diamond draw. I had seen this same play from him 50 times.
V2 makes it $100 to go, LAgg calls - I am putting V2 on overcards with his preflop raise the apparent trap on LAgg's reraise. If so I have him crushed and LAgg has got to be on his flush draw. HERO calls. Pot $318
Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] OH [censored]! At this point I know I am behind. V2's overpair just became two pair and LAgg made his flush. V2 pushes all in for $65, LAgg calls $65- Pot is now over $448. Now it is $61 to me with a chance to win $448. I figure that the pot is giving me 6.5 to 1 and according to cardplayer's poker calculator (which I checked later) I am right under 15% (roughly 5 to 1). Of course I didn't calculate this on the fly but saw a huge pot, had 6 outs and called $61.

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Results- V2 shows J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (bad read), LAgg shows T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pat myself on back) and HERO wins $509 pot, and 17 of the next 25 hands finishing with just over $700 (up $389 for the day).

Did I play this like a total Donkaroo? or did I have adequate reasoning for my calls. The most obvious mistake would be calling preflop but the way these two played there weren't really any bad cards preflop. What would you have done? Fire away! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Da Fly
Old 06-24-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Did I tilt myself into a monster pot? Posting results.

If you originally put villain 2 on an overpair, you had 4 outs instead of 6, which made it a pretty bad call. However, if you had put villain correctly on the straight, then you have 6 outs, and the call is almost break even. (pot odds give you 6.5 to 1 and a six-outer is 6.67 to 1)
Old 06-24-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HERO calls $2 with (7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], V2 raises to $6, LAgg calls $6 and HERO calls $6.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
V2 bets $2, LAgg raises to $15, HERO calls $15- I KNOW that LAgg is on a diamond draw. I had seen this same play from him 50 times.
V2 makes it $100 to go, LAgg calls - I am putting V2 on overcards with his preflop raise the apparent trap on LAgg's reraise. If so I have him crushed and LAgg has got to be on his flush draw. HERO calls. Pot $318
Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] OH [censored]! At this point I know I am behind. V2's overpair just became two pair and LAgg made his flush. V2 pushes all in for $65, LAgg calls $65- Pot is now over $448. Now it is $61 to me with a chance to win $448. I figure that the pot is giving me 6.5 to 1 and according to cardplayer's poker calculator (which I checked later) I am right under 15% (roughly 5 to 1). Of course I didn't calculate this on the fly but saw a huge pot, had 6 outs and called $61.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wonder why you aren't winning?
Old 06-25-2005, 12:24 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you only have 4 outs...7,9?
Old 06-25-2005, 12:36 AM

Wow, yeah, thinking he has overpair I have 4 outs. Silly me. Like I said I was not at the top of my game and tired. Not my proudest moment and under normalcy would have never been there. Thanks for the input and slapping my PeePee. Reward good behavior and punish the bad.

Da Fly