No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: POV from somebody that\'s performed circumcisions

You got the easy end of the deal.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I find the idea that circumcisions are "not particularly painful" EXTREMELY hard to believe. Was this observation made during procedures with or without anesthetic? Even with anesthetic, I can't believe that it wouldn't hurt like hell afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with Dex

I say leave the poor little baby's thingy alone. Mother nature gave him a foreskin for a reason right? Poor baby.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Circumcise my baby boy?

This thread has me wanting to get circumcised all over again just for kicks.

As a matter of fact, I may even pitch the idea to the producers of Nip/Tuck.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:03 AM

Default POTENTIAL DOWNSIDE

Anyone ever heard of this story?

On the 27th of April, Janet left her twins at the local hospital in Winnipeg. Circumcision was a straightforward procedure and she expected to pick up her boys the next day. But early the following morning she got a call from the hospital.

JANET REIMER: When we first heard that there had been an accident we thought, "Well, what kind of accident could there be?" We went to the hospital and then the doctor said, "The penis has been burnt off from circumcision." And I could not comprehend what he was talking about, because, you see, I thought they were going to use a knife.

NARRATOR: Inexplicably, the physician treating her son Bruce had chosen an extremely unconventional method of circumcision. Bruce's penis had been completely destroyed.

This could be a downside

X
Old 10-24-2005, 01:08 AM

I didn't read the whole post, but I think we're missing out on an extremely important point. Many of my female friends have never seen an uncircumsized penis, so when they found out that I have one, they all want to see it. Word gets around, and then lots of chicks want to see it. End result? You get to whip it out for hot chicks. And I've never had a problem in the locker room, for what it's worth.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:11 AM

Me neither. Never once has my uncut rod been a source of locker-room commentary, nor anyone else's of whom I am aware. Neither have I received on-demand requests for a peek. I need to roll with classier dames.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

10. European kids are not having significant amounts of phimosis problems and requiring circumcision, nor are they in the rest of the world, which in the majority is uncircumcised. Potential phimosis is not a realistic concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-8% of uncircumcised males will acquire phimosis. It doesn't much matter whether you are born in Europe, America, or elsewhere.

Many of these cases can be treated without circumcision, but a significant number of childhood circumcisions are performed each year for phimosis, worldwide.

I travel to Haiti each year to perform medical missionary work, and circumcision for phimosis is the second most common procedure we perform; with elective tubal sterilization being the most common. Hernia repairs are less common than indicated circumcision... to provide another frame of reference.

It is possible that the reason why you think that phimosis is not a realistic concern is because you may not be a urologist, pediatrician, or obstetrician and you may not have visited a country with scant medical care and seen its practical manifestation.

Irieguy
Old 10-24-2005, 01:53 AM

This is not a country with scant medical care.

I was born in Europe, and of course so was much of my family and many friends. Not a one of them has had a problem of any kind, nor have I, nor has anyone they've ever heard of. And believe it or not, yes, the discussion has come up, and more than once. Because we marvel at the American paranoia about being uncircumcised, which is properly regarded in the rest of the world as a sort of intractably perverse joke.

I'm not sure what kind of a statistic 2% to 8% is. It leaves a wider margin for error than for clarity.

I am echoing one of your original points, which seems to have somehow gotten short shrift -- there is no compelling medical reason for circumcision.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Circumcise my baby boy?

well, OOT has spent 100 posts in a night discussing their penises, and what to do with other little boys penises. someone make a better joke of it than i did.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: POTENTIAL DOWNSIDE

[ QUOTE ]
Bruce's penis had been completely destroyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, at least they got the name right.

oh, and one time, a doctor was trying to perform life saving surgery on a guy, but it turns out the guy died.