Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-20-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Any reason to NOT fold this flop?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...</font>

Probably low content. UTG is a LAG but I don't know his capping range. You just have to fold here and move on to the next hand, right?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Any reason to NOT fold this flop?

I was going to make a post very similar. This happened about a dozen times to me today.

The answer to your question is - no. Fold.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:43 PM

If you think he has KK or QQ and will fold if you raise, go ahead and raise, but obviously any A isn't folding, and TT isn't going to fold.

You are way behind pretty much everything here, and the chances of him actually having one of those 2 hands and actually folding it are slim. Just fold and move on.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:04 PM

If he's lag that would imply he would play any flop aggressively. I would call flop and check/fold turn.
You could pickup an ugly but worth your wild draw on the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:09 PM

one bet on the flop and you are done. Seems like a waste to me if you are not willing to call a 1 to 10.5 draw
Old 12-20-2005, 11:39 PM

Grunch.

?

Raise the flop (hopefully to get a free card) and call a 3-bet.

What hands get capped from UTG? AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ? That's about right I'd think. And that's if the guy is a rock. LAGGY opens up a at least a few more hands.

So you are behind a lot of them, but EVERY one of those hands bet out on that flop. With the re-raise, you show you aren't scared of the Ace, that you have the Ace, and you are raising your ace for value.

Hopefully, it'll slow down KK, and QQ. Anything else is 3-betting, and I'd call that and fold the turn UI.

There is 10.5 small bets in the pot when it's to you. You have backdoor 3rd flush outs and a backdoor straight draw. Plus I think your J outs are good, if he doesn't have AA, but will give the other guy a redraw to a gutshot straight.

SO if you raise, and get 3-bet, you are paying 3 to win 12.5 with the turn card.

But that's if you get 3-bet. If he only calls your raise, you can most likely take the free card UI on the turn.

Being that you have about 4 outs (1.75 J's, 1 BDFD, 1 BDSD)I would say, you could just call his bet getting 10.5 to 1.

I prefer the raise, if not only for the free card, to make a weak-tight fold their KK or QQ, or at least go into call-down mode.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 PM

nah, id put in a raise for info
Old 12-21-2005, 12:10 AM

If hes a super LAGtard, I have no problem with calling him down...pop him if you improve
Old 12-21-2005, 12:29 AM

i wanted to dismiss this as first, but looking at is closer...

we might be able to call here. 1.5 outs for a backdoor straight, 2 jacks, and maybe 1 for a bd flush gives us around 9 to 1 ish, and we've getting 10.5 to 1. add the fact that we have position (so he might check to us), implied odds for 2-3 bb's, and a lagtard, we can safely call and fold the turn UI
Old 12-21-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nah, id put in a raise for info

[/ QUOTE ]

What info do you think you are going to get? I've got all I need when its capped "Look I've got a good hand". Is it going to take another reraise on the flop for you to get the message.

If he just calls what does it mean...I've got KK,QQ and I'm scared of the ace. Your probably not getting him to fold these so a raise is getting you nothing of value.

Your behind a lot of real possibilities....AA/KK/QQ/TT/99,AK,AQ

Only thing good that could come out of the raise is that you fold him. Raising might get you a free card but its not going to get valuable information