Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-16-2005, 11:59 AM

Default ($60) more PF fun with JJ

$60 Stars turbo
Seat 3: (3010 in chips) UTG
Seat 4: (1610 in chips)
Seat 5: (2640 in chips)
Seat 6: (1670 in chips)
Seat 7: (170 in chips)
Seat 8: (1000 in chips) Button
bluefeet (2005 in chips) SB
Seat 2: (1395 in chips) BB
bluefeet: posts small blind 50
Seat 2: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Seat 3: calls 100
Seat 4: raises 200 to 300
2 folds
Seat 7: calls 170 and is all-in
1 fold
bluefeet: ???

Seat 3 - had gotten rich getting in cheap @ 25/50 with pocket 5's, playing a nice pot post-flop hitting his set.
Seat 4 - had done his share of limping, making no noise post-flop. picked up one decent pot on 5th street without showing

bluefeet - added 800 chips 3rd hand, flopping a set of 5's myself (with river showdown)...only played one hand since, giving up a pot on the flop.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: ($60) more PF fun with JJ

Seat 7 - big donkey I presume?

Well this one is certainly much closer to a push because of the massive overlay and the likelihood seat 7 just has Ax or some other similar rubbish you have completely crushed. Plus which he won't even pick up the whole of the overlay if he wins. That said, the guy who worries me the most is seat 3. Would he limp UTG often at 50/100 when he has everyone covered? It seems like a strange play to me. Without him in the hand, I'm like 90% sure it's a push, but his limp makes me maybe 80% sure or so.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:16 PM

Yes, Seat 7 is a known window-licker. Honestly, Seat 4 concerned me more than Seat 3 at the time. Not too uncommon for the newly aquired chipdog to see a few more flops here IMO. Seat 4 3x'ing out of his 16bb's over big dog game me some clue to his committedness to the hand. The range? Hard telling. At these levels, certainly a very strong Ace or PP no less than TT.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:19 PM

3x is just a standard raise though. He might have wanted to isolate with the window licker knowing he would call. I think he would also do this with TT and maybe even 99 if he thinks seat 3 will fold, and he might also be worried about his limp UTG. I dunno, I'd certainly be raising in Seat 4's position with TT, wouldn't you? 99 sometimes, even 88 would be a borderline raise occasionally. Plus of course AK and maybe AQ as well.

Besides if you do push he has to be really worried about what YOUR hand is.. if he is doing this with 99+,AQ+ he will probably fold all bar QQ+,AK+ again like before.. but the difference this time is the overlay is much bigger, and you don't have to worry about overcalls, as there's just the BB to act.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM

i would push here. you get hu with the a-i guy a very high percentage with a lot of dead money and a much better hand. you also get to avoid the pain of playing out of position.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:38 PM

Yeah, plus what schwza says. Also it removes the risk of being sandwiched by a Seat 3 over push or something like that. Let Seat 4 be the one in the sandwich, not you.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, plus what schwza says. Also it removes the risk of being sandwiched by a Seat 3 over push or something like that. Let Seat 4 be the one in the sandwich, not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, lets put it this way, there's no way one should just call here...I'd push (reluctantly).
Old 12-16-2005, 01:58 PM

Unless you know the guy real well, I wouldn't rule out 99 or even 88 for the 3x raise.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 PM

I think your position makes this a much easier push than any other option. Can you call and push any non-A flop? Or is this not a spot for this because of the UTG limper still behind you.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your position makes this a much easier push than any other option. Can you call and push any non-A flop? Or is this not a spot for this because of the UTG limper still behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, having UTG a certain 4th in the hand definitly bolsters the 'calling sucks' opinion. I suppose pushing is the only option (which I did). I was just wondering that with the EP betting before the AI, if there was any indication/justification for a fold - which I might have missed. Yeah...just one of those nights [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]