Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: 30 minutes video of me playing SH/HU 25/50-75/150

i used camstudio. ill get camtasia setup.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you use camstudio or camtasia? camtasia makes smoother videos for me than camstudio did

[/ QUOTE ]

Camtasia is by far and away, the best program out there.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 PM

hi oreo. he capped preflop and i checked the flop to him. sorry im watching part of this video now and i see the frame rate is making it hard to see some of the action.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:46 PM

Here goes... I stopped at like 28 mins or something when you closed the first table.

1) Do you usually fold QT in the HJ?

2) You open on the button w/ 5c4c, One20x40 calls in the BB. Flop is 643 with a club, villain CR's, you 3bet.
-I fold preflop, especially vs one20x40. I haven't played much vs him, but from what I know, he's a lagtard, so he rarely folds his BB and he bluffs quite a lot postflop... seems like a bad spot for 54s.
-I also prefer to call down rather than 3bet the flop. You win more when he's bluffing or betting a worse hand by calling down, and you have greater implied odds keeping him in the lead for when you improve.

3) You steal 87o, Tekk defends. Flop is KT8 with 2 spades, he CR's, you call, turn comes 9s, you raise for a free showdown.
-Turn raise seems horrible because IMO you don't have much fold equity against the hands he checkraises the flop with, especially since the 9s puts 1-card OESD's and flush draws on the board which a) give him incentive to call, and b) make your hand look exactly like a semibluff, which it is. Also, if he 3bets, you have to call, even though you're often drawing dead to a flush.

3) Tekk opens in the SB and you fold 96o in the BB.
-I hope this was a misclick.

4) You open K8o in the CO, One20 calls in the SB, bb folds. Flops is 7s4s8, he bet/3bets, you cap.
-I far prefer calling and raising the turn over capping after he 3-bets because a) It gets more money in the pot (usually), and b) I feel much less comfortable about my hand when he donks or checkraises the turn after I cap, and that's usually the action I'm looking for when I cap the flop with a strong hand. Some players will put you on a draw and donk some turn cards with worse hands, but caps are scary, and most will just think, "oh no, AA" and only give you turn action with hands you beat. I may be overestimating One20, though.

5) You steal K6o in the SB, UGA defends. Flop is Js3s7, he calls. Turn is a 9, you bet...
-I check/fold the turn. The pot is small, better hands are never folding, and as the 9 completes or pairs gutshots, IMO he has a better hand by now too often to continue.

6) Hongkongfui raises UTG or something, and you check his popup stats before folding KJs on the button.
-I fold here too, but what were you looking for when you checked his popup stats?

7) You open in the SB w/ A8o, UGA defends. Flop is QT9, bet, call. Turn is a blank, and you check/call and check/call a blank river.
-How confident are you about calling down here? I usually check/fold the turn because a) I don't think UGA has Kx often because I think he 3bets a lot of them preflop and doesn't peel that on this flop (not sure though), b) He definitely won't peel 8x, c) I think he's often raising the flop with Jx, and d) even if he has Jx, he has 14 outs against you. I'm not very confident about these spots, so I'd love to be corrected.

8) Tekk steals in the SB, you defend with 54o. Flop comes AcKd5d, and you raise...
-I prefer calling and folding the turn UI because I don't think tekk bets the turn without an A or K. Do you raise the flop here often? If so, can you elaborate on how it compares to other lines? I'm not sure I like it, but that's partly because I never raise the flop with Ax or Kx either. I might start implementing it particularly vs those who can't read hands (when calling the flop and folding turn would be best IMO), as it seems good for information, a cheaper showdown, and folding better hands.

9) You raise QQ (forgot what position, probably CO/HJ), One20 CC's, Miserable 3bets, you cap, and One20 calls. Flop is AK9, you bet, only mis calls, turn is a 3, and you bet...
-I check these turns in position because no worse hands fold and gutshots are often bluffing the river. Whether or not I call a river bet depends on a) how likely Villain will 3-bet preflop with JT/QJ/QT(s) or peel the flop with lower pockets and bluff these hands on the river. Against Miserable, I would've folded, but it seems my advice may have lost you the pot here.

10) HU vs miserable, you raise 33 on the button, mis 3-bets, you call. Flop is Qs8s7, mis bets, and you raise...
-My default is to call the flop and re-evaluate on the turn, sometimes folding, sometimes raising, and sometimes callign down. I think raising the flop here is better vs opponents like mis though, as he/she's never 3-betting with a worse hand.

11) One20 opens in the CO, you defend 55 in the BB. Board is A887J. You call the flop/turn, then fold the J river.
-If you call the flop, you have to call that turn, and if you call the turn, I think you have to call the river too. The J sucks a little bit, but One20 likely realizes it's scary, so I think he's betting the river with all his bluffs.

12) I forgot the details, but in one hand vs feedme, you wait til the turn to raise with a TT overpair, and your hand looks exactly like an overpair. He then donks a Q river, and you raise.
-WTF, this is 100% spewing... call the river. No way your history with him is that crazy.

13) You steal in the SB with 76o vs One20x40 in the BB.
-It seems like One20 is never folding, is often 3-betting, is rarely folding the flop, and is often bluffing postflop. Looks like a terrible spot for a 76o steal OOP. One thing I've been wondering lately is if I should be raising more, less, or the same amount vs very loose and bad players in the BB. That's in position though, I definitely fold 76o here.

14) In one hand, you go 4-bets with K4 on a 2356 board with One20. The river is a 4 putting a straight on the board, and you bet.
-I'm sure you know this, but the river bet is very slightly -EV due to the slim chance he has 77. Misclick, I'm assuming.

15) HU vs miserable... He raises, you defend with 76. The flop is Ah6hQ, and you check/call down, checkraising a 6 river.
-I checkraise the flop or check/call and bet the turn. You're giving free cards when ahead and valuebet when behind vs miserable by checking the turn.

16) HU with mis again... you raise A9o, he 3bets, you call. Flop comes K5c2c, he bets, and you call. Turn is a 9, he bets, you call. I can't follow the action precisely, but it seems like you raise the river?
-Ignoring metagame reasons, I think you're far better off raising the turn, and once he bets the river, you're better off just calling. Since he's not betting A-high and other weak showdownable hands on the river, he more often has AA-TT/Kx or better than 88-66/A5/9x that he 3-bets preflop, so you don't have enough value to raise. This depends on his preflop 3-betting range though, and maybe it's a lot wider than I'm imagining.

17) You steal 97o on the button, Hongkongfui 3bets in the SB, One20x40 calls in the bb, you call. Flop is 852r, HKF bets, one20 calls, you raise...
-Hmm... it looks like you're trying to pull a protected-pot-bluff, since one20 probably doesn't have a pair because he didnt raise the flop, and HKF will respect your raise a lot more since the pot's protected... Still, I don't think you'll win this enough, and you may end up investing a ton to win this vs a loose lagtard and another player in even more inflated pot. If you were raising for a free card, it's terrible because a) HKF is 3-betting a lot, knocking out One20, and b) implied odds from keeping HKF in the lead are worth more than a free card, especially since your 79 gutshot is disguised and bc One20 is capable of putting a ton of turn bets in with junk.

Damn, this took a lot longer than I thought it would. If anyone has comments on my comments, I'd like to hear them.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right after that...one table up in the video...same lag opens w/ a raise being first to act in a 5hded game...folded to u OTB, u have QJs. You fold. Not sure I give up on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That LAG you're talking about is actually my friend, and QJs is definitely behind his range there. The only reason to 3-bet is that doing so would cause him to play fit or fold postflop.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right after that...one table up in the video...same lag opens w/ a raise being first to act in a 5hded game...folded to u OTB, u have QJs. You fold. Not sure I give up on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That LAG you're talking about is actually my friend, and QJs is definitely behind his range there. The only reason to 3-bet is that doing so would cause him to play fit or fold postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im just going off what I see...I dont know if these stats are filtered or include HU stats. I just see 52/32 as his stats and most of the time I can assume contrary to what u say, if these are normal stats at fuller tables.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im just going off what I see...I dont know if these stats are filtered or include HU stats. I just see 52/32 as his stats and most of the time I can assume contrary to what u say, if these are normal stats at fuller tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I didn't realize he showed up as 52/32. Tstone, you've got to start filtering your stats... those stats are so misleading.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I didn't realize he showed up as 52/32. Tstone, you've got to start filtering your stats... those stats are so misleading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah most definitly...Id at least set PaHud to filter so stats from at least 3-4+ ppl only show up. Any less and it can really mess your reads up. Like here.

Actually here is a question, what # do u guys set for this filter?

PS. Also, stone, looking at all your AIM notifications makes me sad. You have a butt load of internet buddies.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:18 PM

hi tizim. thanks alot for this post.

1) yah i do is there something wrong with that? i thought that was standard

2) i was running over one20x40 viciously because i was catching such good cards against him. as a result he started to tighten up but he never ever folded postflop against me when he had any pair or ace high and he was going into passive-predictable mode so i thought 54s would be very profitable against him there.

3) yah i thought about this one last night. :/

3a) think i need to defend here? i defend liberally with almost any 2 but i really dont like the 3 gapper offsuit rags. id prefer to have Q4 here than 96. is that wrong?

4) raising the turn is a standard for me there but with how one was playing against me capping the flop seemed right. i felt like i needed to vary my play against him a little bit to keep him off balance.

5) UGA was peeling any flop against me. if im just going to bet the flop and checkfold the turn im better off folding preflop or just openfolding the flop.

6) i was looking at his attsb

7) i really dont know about my calldown there i was very unsure. like i said UGA was calling any flops against me and trying to take pots away from me or at least it felt like that cause it always worked.

8) my flop raise with the pair of 4s is more a frequency thing. i usually just call there. raising the flop lets me get to showdown for half a bet less and i didnt feel like he would play back at me with a bluff.

9) i thought about this one as well and wasnt sure if i liked my turn bet, but miserable is weird

11) this was a read based thing. i was going to call the river but i felt that the jack really hit his hand for some reason forgot why.

12) yah youre probably right about this. i think this was a spew too. in the hand when he donked the river to me it looked like he was afraid id take a free showdown and was planning on folding to a raise. i got the feeling that even though he was going to fold to a raise after i raised he would end up calling. maybe im just crazy.

13) i felt i had a big edge against one postflop there and wanted to see a flop. if i complete from the SB i think he raises and if i raise i dont think he 3bets much. by raising at least i represent high cards. maybe this is poor logic though.

14) 77? you mean 47? i think in the hand one slowed down on the turn, i bet the river and he raised. you really want me to slowdown on that board with a straight and not 3bet??

15) interesting. you like calling in position with bottom pair on a AK3 flop but you like checkraising bottom pair on a AK6 flop. out of position i checkcall alot more and in position i raise more.

16) i think the river raise is right but the turn raise is probably better for reasons you mentioned.

17) youre right on this one as well. i thought if HKF called the flop raise which i thought he would i could get a free card on the turn. i dont know what i was thinking. yuckyuck.

thanks again tizim :>
Old 12-07-2005, 01:21 PM

i gotta fix that aim notification thing its so aggrivating when im playing. it hovers over the raise/bet button and thas my favorite button of all!