Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Choose your seat (complex)

you really dont like having a very aggressive player on your left

i think the seat value runs proportional to the amount of hands you are able to play. at this table, you can play the most hands with the 2 biggest donks on your right, between the 2 and 3. the guys on your right is where your money comes from.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5 on your immediate left, obviously.

And this is not close to complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you put tons of thought into this. Great job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you are being sarcastic, but I have put a lot of thought into my position at any given table. Since I have already put said thought into position, such a basic setup such as the one described by OP takes little time to answer.

-Scott
Old 12-06-2005, 09:51 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT! GLAD TO HAVE YA ABOARD! HOPE TO SEE MORE GREAT INSIGHT LIKE THIS SOON!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And note that while seat 5 is labeled tight-passive, he's also labeled a winner in the game, which means he's better than most you'll come across. I see no great reason to want have him on my immediate left.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "He never bluffs"? We also get free cards OOP more than often which is awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
We know aggro is a bad hand reader and over-aggro. We know the other guy is passive post-flop. We don't have a good sense of if they apply pressure correctly or react to it correctly (although both have a bit of the call-down in them). These two acting in tandem should mean that we'll be able to play pretty well post-flop when its us against the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we will probably make good money playing against the blinds from 1-2, I just think we will make more from seat 4-5. We get to play against the worst player very often when we have the button, that is great. Our blind steals from the SB are good because he is too tight, and won't be defending enough. When he does defend, it will kinda suck, because he is a good player, but even if he is good, passivity is not a good trait to have in blind steal situations.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you are being sarcastic, but I have put a lot of thought into my position at any given table. Since I have already put said thought into position, such a basic setup such as the one described by OP takes little time to answer.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy that you are so good at this. If you notice though, you have 3 decent players all vouching for different things. This might say something about the complexity of it. Maybe you could flesh out your thoughts on the matter. If not, there is no reason to even respond.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:56 PM

Posting blind....

Between 4 and 5.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i think the seat value runs proportional to the amount of hands you are able to play. at this table, you can play the most hands with the 2 biggest donks on your right, between the 2 and 3. the guys on your right is where your money comes from.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are aggressive and bad, I don't mind having them on my left, especially if there is a pssive guy or two after him. It's not ideal, but I'm not convinced that sitting after an unknown in seat 4 (the guy has a stat-read only over a measly 39 hands) with a winning player on my left is great. If seat 5 were "a slightly winning player but much too tight" then I can see wanting to be able to push him out pre- with successful iso raises -- but I am assuming that if he's a winner then he's going to recognize obvious isolations and adjust accordingly (maybe that is going too far with my assumptions).

I don't understand your point though - you want to sit after the aggro -- I think if we want to play the most hands we're going to be three-betting pretty light pre-flop, and the post-flop dynamics don't seem as potentially profitable when we see a flop with at least one other player.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having the agressive player immediately to our right means he will be raising a lot preflop, and we won't be able to play as many hands as usual. Sure, we will be able to adjust, and loosen up a bit, but we still won't be able to play as many hands as usual. I agree it is a good seat once we see the flop, but we won't be able to play as many hands as from other postions. Furthermore, you have a good preflop player on your immediate right, which takes away from your blind money, and what looks like a loose player two to the right. This is bad because not only is he probably defending his BB closer to optimal than most, but we don't know enough about his play yet to fully take advantage of him.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy that you are so good at this. If you notice though, you have 3 decent players all vouching for different things. This might say something about the complexity of it. Maybe you could flesh out your thoughts on the matter. If not, there is no reason to even respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I feel this says something about your definition of decent.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I feel this says something about your definition of decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I may suck, but Josh is definetly a good player, and from what I read of Catt's responses he (she?) puts a lot of thought into the game. I at least try to be good, and think about the situation, even if I am not that good.

Edit: And even if you remove me from the equation, there is still you, who are disagreeing with the other two.