Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Last hand before the break

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As was said here, somebody has to lose the last hand before the pause starts. It's a poker hand. People are allowed to raise, re-raise, fold, all that stuff.

It's not astonishing when, three-handed, somebody raises and wins the blinds.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

understood and i never claimed to be astonished - like i said, people *usually* sit out and fold around to the BB to prevent someone taking advantage.

i'm not saying incha did anything "illegal" and obviously, majic could have rejected the deal if he felt that strongly about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Majic made 40,000 more than he would have on that deal, he was being a little greedy, if he was so preoccupied with losing his blind he should have pushed.

To expect everyone to sit out before a pause is kind of naiive. If you give me a chance to make an extra 1,000 when i have a strong hand im pushing the raise button and i expect anyone else to do the same. This world aint perfect.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:30 AM

I didn't feel that strongly about it. But I did think it was a dick move since he called for the deal discussion. I had a King and might have called the raise otherwise.

Nevertheless, I proved once again why I am a great 2nd/3rd/9th place finisher with a spectactular donkish call allin with AJ.

Fm
Old 11-28-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Majic made 40,000 more than he would have on that deal, he was being a little greedy...

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't greed, just a little principle. I prolly give him a thousand dollar nudge if its the other direction. BTW, it was an extra $36k, not forty. I'll live tho

(i'm majic btw in case that wasn't obvious. I did learn my lesson and not shout out to the 2+2 crowd like I did at the first final table of the WCOOP lol)

Fm
Old 11-28-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Well Played

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he turns down the deal over "stolen blind", he's officially my fav. online player of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah - i understand why he went with the deal but incha did [censored] him over with that blind steal while calling for a pause. i was really hoping he'd say "[censored] you, no deal".

from the beginning, he should have asked for a chip chop based on chips BEFORE that last hand ... incha is asking for a pause WHILE stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they were all calling for a pause and it just so happened that it fell right after majic's big blind. Someone is going to lose the hand right before the break. I didn't have much sympathy for majic's hustling lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what i've done/seen regarding FT deal-making, the whole table usually "sits out" while waiting for a mod to show up and the blinds just keep getting folded to the big blind to keep everyone even/prevent someone from taking advantage ... i think majic had a legitimate gripe.

[/ QUOTE ]

They sit out when some mod/host isn't already there. OBV Lee is there the whole time at the FT of the Stars Sunday so this isn't necessary as he will manually pause the tourney. But even in a sit out scenario in lower buyin tournies, then someone gets a free walk and the others get the short end of the stick. Someone has to take the short stick. I have never seen that gripe before and don't believe it holds much merit. From what I saw Lee, hit the pause button when all players had agreed to a break and it must fall on someone's blind. Tough luck for them.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* STARS 700K

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think kevmike takes this thing

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the PokerDB he has played exactly one tournament at Stars before this one, weird huh

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably one of exclusive's other accounts.