Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-27-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: MD/VA/DC Players warning!

you forgot #6 - Snipers on the roof.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For Instance, if you have a family, and you are hosting a game someone might want to rob at your house, this is probably bad in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he needs the game to feed his family?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:27 PM

Underfed dogs, guns, locked inside....where do I sign up?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 PM

old ebbitt has really great crabcakes too and a good mix of burger menu and nicer stuff. One of my favorite places.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:48 PM

Not to mention amazing raw oysters...I'm totally flexible where we go, everyone just let me know.

Jeff
Old 11-27-2005, 10:20 PM

Believe me, the people playing appreciate the precautions I take. My house is not located in one of the safest neighborhoods in Ithaca, so they doubly appreciate it. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the local criminal element actually are aware of the game, but they also probably know there are WAY easier targets. The firearms aren't a problem, since the players are family, close friends, or people vouched for by them exclusively, plus my brother, who's there every week, is a probation officer licensed to carry firearms, and one of the occasional players in the game is an off-duty NY State Trooper, so my gun is rarely the only one in the room.

And Trajan and Hadrian, despite their size, are really big sweethearts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Until I tell them not to be. Or until they see someone threatening my wife or child. God help the moron who does that.

--Scott
Old 11-27-2005, 11:17 PM

So dinner is definitely on the agenda, and the location is to be determined.

How many people are interested in playing some cards at Jon's in Greenbelt afterwards? If there's not significant interest perhaps we should just go out for (more) drinks after dinner.

-blumpkin
Old 11-27-2005, 11:33 PM

How about everyone who is interested PM's me thier email address so we can get this organized without letting the public know about our rabid dog/milita style home-game.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention amazing raw oysters...I'm totally flexible where we go, everyone just let me know.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

we went to the annual "Oyster Riot" a couple weekends ago at Old Ebbitt....if you are an oyster fan I highly recommend for next year. For $80 it was a live band in the atrium area plus all you can eat 22 varieties of oysters plus all you can drink of 10 award winning wines from some competition that is part of the thing plus beers plus a box with 5 shrimp cocktail and 4 crab claws plus they were walking around with fried oysters and oysters wrapped in bacon and oyster soup and all sorts of other good stuff.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we went to the annual "Oyster Riot" a couple weekends ago at Old Ebbitt....if you are an oyster fan I highly recommend for next year. For $80 it was a live band in the atrium area plus all you can eat 22 varieties of oysters plus all you can drink of 10 award winning wines from some competition that is part of the thing plus beers plus a box with 5 shrimp cocktail and 4 crab claws plus they were walking around with fried oysters and oysters wrapped in bacon and oyster soup and all sorts of other good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

And oyster stew, and lemon pepper oysters, and oyster kabobs, and oyster chili....

I'm in jon for dinner/poker.