Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-20-2005, 01:42 PM

Default 300+20 Curtains Annotation 75s BB

[image]http://www.primefilms.net/clients/curtains.pdf[/image]
Old 11-20-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: 300+20 Curtains Annotation 75s BB

[ QUOTE ]
[image]http://www.primefilms.net/clients/curtains.pdf[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.

When I copy+paste the link, it doesn't lead anywhere.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:11 PM

sorry, i took it down. i'm going to post it somewhere else. that is my work website. i'll repost soon,.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:37 PM

This was taken from an annotated HH that Curtains posted on a different website.

Situation: STT. A $300 buy-in single table tournament. The whole table has been playing tight/weak preflop and flop.

Your Hand: 7h 5h

Action to you: Player A & B fold. Players C raises the minimum $150 to $300. The SB folds. The pot has $525.

Question: Do you fold, call or raise?

Answer: Folding wouldn’t be a horrible mistake. However, it would be sending a signal to your opponents, that you are willing to give away your blinds for the MINIMAL raise. And since you have a speculative hand and getting a good price to call. You should defend your blinds.

By getting 3-1, it is reasonable to play even a speculative hand like 75s. A re-raise could make sense, since you are out of position and will have to play the rest of the hand out of position. So if you would like to win the hand right now. So if you reraise his hand $600 to $900. Then the pot will be $1475 and you will have $3145 and your opponent will have $1925. He will have to call $750 to win $3145. Which means he’ll more or less be pot committed. So he’ll turn around and reraise you all-in which you’ll be getting the odds to call with any two. Or he’ll call you and even if you put him all-in on the flop, as long as he feels that he has two over cards he’ll be getting the right price to call. It seems that a call will be the least risky and still offer an opportunity to make some money.

Action: You call. The pot has $675
Flop: Qh Jh 4s

Question: Do you check or bet? And what is your line?

(A paraphrasing of curtains answer can be found by scrolling down)

Answer: I think you have two choices with one being slightly better than the other. You either go all-in on the flop, putting your opponent in a difficult place or you check-raise-all-in unless your opponents bet makes them pot committed. I think the check raise all in is slightly better.

The problem with the all-in is that it doesn’t give your opponent to make a mistake. A check allows him to take a stab at the pot. The only time that checking costs you is if your opponent bluffs all-in, but I think this is unlikely. On the other hand, if you check and your opponent bets all-in or half his stack, then I would fold. But if your opponent makes a continuation bet, then I would reraise him all-in. This way if your opponent has nothing then you pick up some extra chips but if he has something then you are given the correct odds to win the hand.

Action: In fact you make a bet of $500. Your opponent moves all-in.

Question: Do you fold or call?

Once you bet a small amount, you are practically begging your opponent to try and steal the pot from you. It’s a huge mistake to convince your opponent to bluff you all-in, without him realizing that his Ace high is actually the best hand. However, this is the situation that you put yourself in, so what is the best decisioin?

You are getting 2-1 to call which is the right odds to catch your flush draw. It’s a difficult situation though because if you lose your chip stack will be down to $2000 and it’ll be difficult to control the table. But the odds obligate you to call.

Action: You call. Your opponet turns over Q9. You suck out and win a huge hand. If you would have checked to your opponent, he would have probably moved all-in and following my advice you should have folded.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:55 PM

Which website is Curtains posting on now? He was the best poster here and I haven't seen him around in a while. Also, where are there $320 SNGs?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:46 PM

lol, move in? he has 1925 chips and theres 625 in the pot. moving in is absolutely terrible on this flop. holla
Old 11-20-2005, 03:53 PM

Pokerstars and paradise
Old 11-20-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, move in? he has 1925 chips and theres 625 in the pot. moving in is absolutely terrible on this flop. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 900 chips in the pot plus pushing shuts your opponenet out of the hand. It also doesn't allow him to pot commit himself to the hand when he makes a continuation bet.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 900 chips in the pot plus pushing shuts your opponenet out of the hand. It also doesn't allow him to pot commit himself to the hand when he makes a continuation bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-20-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i forgot how to count. same idea whatever, shoving is atrocious holla