Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-17-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Stud Stats

So, not having pokertracker or something similar, and being lazy, I have never really kept any stats of my play except noting if my bankroll is going up or down.

3 months ago I started keeping a simple excel spreadsheet that just tracks my balance at all the sites I play and my neteller balance and totals it all up. I have been updating it every other week.

I started playing around with it last night and figured out that, over this quarter, my roll has increased 38%. This seems like unsustainable growth, but I am wondering if anyone else keeps similar stats as I have nothing to compare against.

I think part of the increase is due to the fact that i have been playing more 3/6 and 2/4 and less 1/2 so it makes sense to that the roll is going up quicker, but I have been doing that for a couple months already.

I wish I kept track of the number of hands over that time and at what limits to get some better numbers, but I frankly would start doing that for like 2 days and then miss some because i play at work sometimes and would undoubtedly forget to look sometimes or just be lazy...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Stud Stats

[ QUOTE ]
over this quarter, my roll has increased 38%.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you will be at the next DC home game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
over this quarter, my roll has increased 38%.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you will be at the next DC home game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to keep it up where it is thanks!

Actually, I almost came this time but I had a friend in town. Did everyone pretty much just buy in for 200 as the email suggested? I can lose that much for the lessons [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 12:54 PM

I keep a real anal-retentive spreadsheet where I record all my sessions. Stakes, length of time, win/loss, etc. I don't record # of hands unfortunately but I keep all the HH files in the event someone does develop a stud trakcer-like program. With a little trouble I could come up with a graph-type thing, it would be interesting to see how it looks.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep a real anal-retentive spreadsheet where I record all my sessions. Stakes, length of time, win/loss, etc. I don't record # of hands unfortunately but I keep all the HH files in the event someone does develop a stud trakcer-like program. With a little trouble I could come up with a graph-type thing, it would be interesting to see how it looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just did a real simple % increase from july 15 to oct 15...would be curious to see if i am just running real good now. It doesn't really feel like it. I really need to keep hands played and stake so i can get a BB/100 number i think.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did everyone pretty much just buy in for 200 as the email suggested?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, we all started with $200. Some people rebought, but I didn't have to [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really need to keep hands played and stake so i can get a BB/100 number i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you just do BB/hr? Or just track hours played then figure out how many hands you average an hour and go from there?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really need to keep hands played and stake so i can get a BB/100 number i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you just do BB/hr? Or just track hours played then figure out how many hands you average an hour and go from there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would except I usually end up playing 30 minutes to an hour here and there during the day at different limits so I would have to do something like invest in a 99 cent notepad to keep track of all that! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]