Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Colts Moneyline

I just remind myself the Lakers were -800 or higher in the NBA finals against the Pistons. I don't know anyone who liked the Pistons. The risk is there.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:25 PM

I remember losing a bet like this (odds weren't as bad though) on the Denver-Green Bay Superbowl. I couldn't decide what to do with the points so I finally settled on doing the sure thing...the Green Bay moneyline.

You always forget these bets when you win them. But lose one and you'll have an expensive story to tell for years.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember losing a bet like this (odds weren't as bad though) on the Denver-Green Bay Superbowl. I couldn't decide what to do with the points so I finally settled on doing the sure thing...the Green Bay moneyline.

You always forget these bets when you win them. But lose one and you'll have an expensive story to tell for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comparing that matchup to the Colts-49ers is absurd. Do you see why?

Brad
Old 10-05-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comparing that matchup to the Colts-49ers is absurd. Do you see why?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

homedog in a less meaningful setting...what do I win
Old 10-06-2005, 01:37 AM

This is the difference. If payton manning and marvin harrison both get hurt in the first quarter the colts are still at least a 50% shot at least.

Whether or not to bet is the question. I'm thinking about doing it and doing it big. I mean my working bankroll right now can be easily replinished from my poker one. I think a guy could throw half of it down and still sleep at night.

I see this line getting worse as the game nears (as in betting on the colts will get worse). Any thoughts on that?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:30 AM

Here's a piece of info I ran over again yesterday that you should find astounding: NFL home dogs of 10.5+ from '92-'04 won the game outright in 15 of 50 games played. (ed Large NFL road faves are probably among the worst money line plays in all of sports on a per game basis.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a piece of info I ran over again yesterday that you should find astounding: NFL home dogs of 10.5+ from '92-'04 won the game outright in 15 of 50 games played. (ed Large NFL road faves are probably among the worst money line plays in all of sports on a per game basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need to be convinced to not bet it. I'm already not betting it. (but maybe I shouldn't have even asked as some people seem to really like the idea.)

This however, is a very interesting stat. Makes the SF moneyline look quite nice. which, I guess, is why you always play those big moneylines.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Yep, I almost always play (ed large home dog money lines. Big road dogs are another matter.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:19 PM

Yeah, i'm just going to stay away from the damn game.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:20 PM

Its very tempting to jump on the Colts bandwagon at this point, that's why this -14 is getting bet so much as well as the under. I know this team pretty well and I have made bets on them that all hit in the first 4 weeks (all posted here in advance). I have over $2K in bets for this weekend but not one on the Colts. I would recommend all bettors to find other games to wager on because the total score should be very close to the over/under being offered and the spread will be a close one as well.

GL,

Indy