Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 AM

Default LAG limp/raises Preflop question

UTG is a LAG, MP LP, BB standard PRF aggression (low hand sample).

1/2 6-max
Hero SB A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop LAG calls, MP calls, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="red">BB raises, LAG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

FWIW: i'm more concerned with BB behind me. if you're calling here, what are you doing if he caps it 'cause that's what i'm wondering here?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: LAG limp/raises Preflop question

if it was me expect to see a CAP here. Fold. You have a weak hand against a BB out of position raise, and you have a LAG to your left. A BB raising here is telling you he has a big pair or AK. The LAG reraising could mean a lot of things but more than not a big pair.

Why get involved in a hand where your 1st to act, the BB is representing strength, and you have a LAG behind him.

You only hopes are a flopped str8, trips, or 2 pair. about 1:26. Or both have like KK and QQ and the flop comes an ace.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:27 PM

This is prob a fold. What's BB's range here?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is prob a fold. What's BB's range here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing: AA-99, AKs-ATs, AK/Q/Jo, KQo, KQs-KJs, QJs/JTs. might be a TAD loose, but restricting him to AK, AA-TT is too tight.

the same goes for the LAG: really this L/R is nothing. saw him 3-bet A5s and 54s and cap a turn flush draw. he basically has 2 cards here.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:37 PM

This is close. Clearly it would be easiest to fold. But if BB's range is as wide as you say, I think folding might be giving up too much.

How would BB respond to a cap from you. Yes, it will look as if you're FOS, but will he fold non premium hands?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:42 PM

no. whatever he has, he's holding onto. my concern is the table pretty much knows LAG is full of crap, so he'd just cap because of this fact, plus if it is suited like KQs or something, he might do it for value. but the pot is so big, i just don't know if it is worth the risk or not...
Old 09-30-2005, 12:45 PM

Woops, didn't notice it was 6 max. I'm not folding. Especially if BB's range is that wide.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:48 PM

How are you going to limp in the sb with AJ on a 6max table? Yeah i know the sshe part about not raising AK-ATo in the blinds b/c you are out of position and hand doesnt play that well multiway, but that is typically for a ring game no? And where you will be building a huge pot for 6+ oppenents to correctly draw with their weak hands? Either way im hard pressed not to raise this here, and given your raise you will have to see the flop no matter what developes. Say you raise get 3 bet by the BB and the lag caps, this could be good in a way because it could fold out a limper or two facing 3 bets. I think you will need some help on the flop obviously if you get limp/capped. Cant say ive played 1/2 6max before but I dont think I limp much in the sb w/ AJ at my 3/6 6max game.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:53 PM

well that's something i've tried to work on, but AJo with already 3 limpers: at this point, no thanks. a Loose/passive table and a LAG to my left- i could be paying a lot for a hand i'm not comfortable playing OOP yet. my postflop skills aren't good enough.