Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-10-2005, 08:08 AM

Default QQ against TStoneMBD

Thoughts? mostly concerned about the turn call.
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 :#A500AF(TStoneMBD)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 :#A500AF(TStoneMBD)/ caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TStoneMBD bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.83 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TStoneMBD bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.83 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TStoneMBD bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.83 BB
Old 09-10-2005, 08:57 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: QQ against TStoneMBD

against an unknown or a tricky player i may call down. against a thinking TAG like TStone i like a turn fold, i can't think of a pf capping hand(outside of an overplayed mid-pp)that you have beat here.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:05 AM

At first I thought maybe raising the flop might let you define your hand here, but thinking about it the way you played it I think you have to fold the turn. Don't ask me how I got from raising the flop, to c/f the turn but with no reads, I think you're behind here...
Old 09-10-2005, 09:24 AM

As I move up in limits I'm working hard to make the laydown on a board like this against a quality opponent with this pf and f action. Clearly you have to be willing call some of these down for action, information (when cap standards, for example, are unknown) and so he won't start taking shots at you. But I need to lay more of them down.

I hope I would fold the turn here--but as I say I'm still working on it. Way too many 2/4 hands under my belt.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:32 AM

Precisely, that's the part of me that would want to raise the flop or at the least call it down. But I think this limit a preflop cap is at worse AKs..
Old 09-10-2005, 10:00 AM

If his range is AK-AA-JJ or something (probably about right given his position and yours and such), I'm not even sure that you need call the flop. Obviously you are ahead of JJ, but I'd be surprised if he didn't bet the turn as well, and maybe the river (?), so your effective odds aren't going to justify calling down. Easy river fold anyway, but I think you can fold the turn.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:04 AM

I would fold the flop dawg. You are only ahead of JJ. If you think he is capable of capping lightly with 88-99 that changes things.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:19 AM

This is interesting because we're ahead of 6 combos but almost dead to (3+12+6)=21. So while we have pot odds to call the flop here if Villain were to give up on the turn, Villain's likely not giving up with JJ and we don't have enough hand to justify the 5:15 price on a calldown.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:19 AM

fold the flop dude. your behind to almost everything that he could have. you probably have 2 outs at most.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:54 AM

What's your thought process on the turn call? The only reason I ask is that it seems you call the turn and call the river, or fold the turn. Although, that jack takes away one of the few hands you could beat after the pf cap.

I'm really just wondering what you are thinking as you call the turn.