Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 10:28 PM

Default T8 vs. pfr and flopped Ace

Villain is NuggPuffer who I have at 35/23/1.7 in ~300 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $10.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> (folding to a raise)

I figure he can have all sorts of T,J,Q,K combination hands here that I don't want to give a free look at their outs.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: T8 vs. pfr and flopped Ace

I fold PF. Since you did call, I check/fold the turn UI since I don't think many players raise multiple limpers from the BB with any hand that you have beaten. Turn donk sucks IMO.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: T8 vs. pfr and flopped Ace

I certainly raise KJs and KQ in this spot especially since MP is a poster. My pfr is 17, while his is 23 so I figured his range was even wider than mine. Perhaps I am overestimating it though.

I'm surprised you'd fold preflop. I would complete 97o here as well. I assume you do mean the first time around, and not to the BB's raise?