Bring in x x 2s
Folder 1 x x 7d
Raiser x x Ks
Caller 1 x x Ah
Hero 9h 7c 8h
Folder 2 x x 6d
Player 2 x x 4d
Caller 2 x x 7s

Raiser completes two after the bring in and I call, partly because I know that a few others will come along. On 3rd we have the completion, a caller, then Hero calls as well as 3 others, including the bring in. 3BB in the pot and 6 Handed to 4th…..

----- 4th STREET -----

Bring in x x 2s 8d
Raiser x x Ks Kd
Caller 1 x x Ah Kc
Hero 9h 7c 8h 10s
Player 2 x x 4d 5c
Caller 2 x x 7s 2d

Raiser double bets, caller 1 folds, Hero??

I am fairly certain that either the bring in or player 2 are going to stay in since I haven’t seen them fold a hand they have entered yet, even calling a river bet and not being able to beat a pair of 9’s.

My reasoning is that I have good equity if Raiser has a hidden pair and am behind if he has trip Ks. The dead king coming out leans it a little toward calling, especially since I think there will be 1 or 2 others calling after me, but I still don’t know if there is enough to continue….
Old 09-07-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Continue here or run?

I wouldn't make that call on 3rd generally, but I think on 4th I continue. What was the limit/ante/etc?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:02 AM

I think you have enough to continue with only one 6 gone. especially if you think others will call here and later.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't make that call on 3rd generally, but I think on 4th I continue. What was the limit/ante/etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is 1/2 with a .5 BI and .25 ante....there is actually 4BB in the pot after 3rd, not 3. I normally fold 3rd too but this game was absurd...no fold em
Old 09-07-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have enough to continue with only one 6 gone. especially if you think others will call here and later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I continued and so did Player 2 as I figured. On 5th it looked like this and there are now 7BB in the pot:

Raiser x x Ks Kd Ac
Hero 9h 7c 8h 10s 8s
Player 2 x x 4d 5c 2(don't remember suit)
Old 09-07-2005, 01:24 PM

i would call considering the game is like you said no foldem. which tilts the tables even more in your favor that the raiser DOesnt have trip kings. that and the other dead one, and the fact that guys at 1-2 will play almost anything, would seem to be good reasons for calling. plus only one dead six as has already been said. Id call to the end.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:01 PM

In general Fold 3rd. These low draws are usually not strong to try to contest big pairs. But 4th, fold as in general is it wise to put yourself into a position of drawing to second best hand?

However, having said the above, if the game that you are in is very loose with much calling and many players, always play your draws as it is the only way to get some good equity in that kind of a game.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, having said the above, if the game that you are in is very loose with much calling and many players, always play your draws as it is the only way to get some good equity in that kind of a game.

[/ QUOTE ]
the only way? how about charging loose callers to make their draws. i think there are plenty more ways than 1 to gain equity or win in a loose game.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:01 PM

In these very loose type of games that i'm talking about, you will see your aces and kings lined up in a very crowded cemetary. These were the type of games that i dreaded, especially on all the big holidays when most hands would start up 4 or 5 handed as opposed to the more 'normal' 2 or 3 handed. As i suggested in the last post, I would continue with the straight draw that the poster had on 4th if it were a loose type of game. Give me a drawing hand any day over a pair of aces in a very loose type of game.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In these very loose type of games that i'm talking about, you will see your aces and kings lined up in a very crowded cemetary. These were the type of games that i dreaded, especially on all the big holidays when most hands would start up 4 or 5 handed as opposed to the more 'normal' 2 or 3 handed. As i suggested in the last post, I would continue with the straight draw that the poster had on 4th if it were a loose type of game. Give me a drawing hand any day over a pair of aces in a very loose type of game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the aces, the draws get the pot odds they need to play but they still don't get the EV of the big pairs.