Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 10:20 PM

Default 87o in BB flopped TP+ 2 backdoors- goofy flop action

Reads:
UTG+1 is in general weak/tight and plays all his hands goofy. i've seen limped AKo and bets out on a backdoor straight draw plus overcards and a c/r turned double gutshot, flush draw. he slow plays everything. he's too dumb to lable "tricky" exactly, but straight-forward he is not.

MP2 is as loose/passive as they come.

MP3 is another strange player. eradic play, but he either slowplays when he has you beat, likes the "free card" move, or raises when he has nothing.

SB is loose. not passive as he'll let you know he has a hand, but not weak/tight either.

Hero has 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, folded to MP2, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, folded to SB, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="red">UTG+2 3-bets?!?!?!</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>
Old 08-28-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: 87o in BB flopped TP+ 2 backdoors- goofy flop action

[ QUOTE ]
Flop 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="red">UTG+2 3-bets?!?!?!</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Gets a new table. With "Opposite Day Man" this hand just takes too long to puzzle out. Seriously this hand sounds like on of those puzzles on the SAT.

Not to mention you are up against UTG+1 in the first part of the hand, but he gives his hand to UTG+2 after the flop. How is this not "tricky"? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
...And iocane powder comes from Austrailia, which is entirely peopled with criminals, who are used to not being trusted, as you are not trusted by me. So I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure you said the super passive guy raised somewhere. He has trips or a limped overpair. Time to bail out.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:06 PM

I don't see how you can fold for 1 more on the flop here. UTG+1 sounds completely irrational, and you're closing the action getting 13:1. Re-evaluate on the turn.

I'm not excited about your 1-card backdoor outs (especially because the 7-high flush isn't much to write home about), and i think you're folding this turn almost all the time, but who knows? Your opponents are insane. Maybe they both check behind on the turn?!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gets a new table. With "Opposite Day Man" this hand just takes too long to puzzle out. Seriously this hand sounds like on of those puzzles on the SAT.

Not to mention you are up against UTG+1 in the first part of the hand, but he gives his hand to UTG+2 after the flop. How is this not "tricky"? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
...And iocane powder comes from Austrailia, which is entirely peopled with criminals, who are used to not being trusted, as you are not trusted by me. So I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure you said the super passive guy raised somewhere. He has trips or a limped overpair. Time to bail out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just trying to confuse me, hoping I'll give something away...well, it won't work.